I have a feeling you are going to start seeing a lot more of what happened last night

Btw, recruits LOVED the passion and loyalty from the fans last night, you know that same passion and loyalty that's "unacceptable" to some of you idiots

So people that thought the behavior of throwing crap on the field that hit our own people are "idiots"?

So now we're cool with thug behavior, it's called "passion" when we do it?

I agree. College Football needs to re-evaluate itself. When the same teams continue to win all of the time, it is starting to creating frustration, anger, etc. The leagues cover these teams as well.

In the SEC, it is Alabama. in the B1G, it is Ohio State.

For the good of the sport, the NCAA should punish those programs and allow other schools to win for once like Michigan and Penn State in the B1G and other schools in the SEC.
Oh so fans threw stuff and acted like idiots last night cause Alabama and Ohio st win a lot.??

I agree. College Football needs to re-evaluate itself. When the same teams continue to win all of the time, it is starting to creating frustration, anger, etc. \.

Didn't Alabama lose last weekend to an unranked team? Or instead of competing, maybe we should script all the games and plot out championships like the WWE?

I can’t imagine how Bama fans will act if Saban’s replacement turns out to be a dud.

It’ll be a whole lot worse than what you saw last night.
Is that what they did after Bear retired?
I don’t remember them doing it.
And they had 2-3 duds before Saban

I honestly don't think so, at least not to that level. They were going to throw stuff at kiffin after the game and the fans really thought they had got screwed over a 2nd time and that OM was faking injuries.

I'm not defending it at all, just think it was a 1 time thing.

Never mind Kiffin and Corral aggravating the fans. Or Kiffin having every player on his team fake an injury, thus causing the game to last hours longer which in turn allowed people to just get hammer drunk.

I feel like people could have kept it together through all that.

But the officiating that we saw mixed in with everything else pushed it passed the boiling point. People are tired of this crap. They are tired of pee poor flags and spots, and just plan screwing with the outcomes.

It may not be the next game with poor officiating, but my spider sense tells me this is going to happen again, and soon.

Like I said. People are tired of it. Somebody que up Twisted Sister.

You will not see that more often like last night.....was the officiating bad yes but how many of us are willing to go out there and officiate a sport? There is a national shortage of officials and cases like last night won't help people to sign up to become an official

I've noticed it brought out a lot of pompous asses too.
If acting like you have been brought up to respect others, and it makes you think those that don't act like they were raised in a jungle are pompus asses you need to take a long look in the mirror. I agree we didn't catch very many breaks and I also think the spot was terrible and it may have changed the out come of the game. But, that is not the only reason we lost. The fumble on a punt and the short field we gave them, not to mention the OL injuries and lack of a running game had more to do with the loss. The fact that we could not stop their QB from running for 200 yards had more to do with the loss than anything. Throwing things on the field during a game is classless. For the first time in my life I was ashamed of how a few fans acted. Did anyone think that was going to get the refs to change the spot? If you think that is appropriate behavior you need to grow up.

Reactions: NashVol11
I mean we got dealt a crap hand and Kiffin instigated a lot but you do the program no good by acting like an Ahole. People want to think that their actions will bring attention to the poor officiating but honestly it just was a bad look.

I’m all for raising hell through the proper channels. Throwing trash at innocent student athletes is just stupid.

Often, a negative thing can have a positive outcome. It think the Riot at Neyland may do just that. There are times when people complain and complain and complain, rightly so, and yet no one in power does anything to address the complaint. They keep the same system in place and keep empowering themselves and reaping the riches. A example would be the way that Bama can lay Dodge Chargers on their kids and it's just an open joke, while we do the same and get investigated by the NCAA. Refereeing, also, is a powerful tool to subtly affect the game in favor of the top dogs and not let the unranked teams have a fair advantage. Why was a controversial and recently-disciplined crew allowed to ref this game?

College football is truly broken right now. It's ridiculous that Alabama and a few other teams can just keep winning and "parity" is not a goal that anyone in CFB leadership has in mind. So when human frustration boils over, it serves as a change agent. I think the OP is not far off in comparing what happened last night (as a similar human feeling, though not with the same important stakes) to the American Revolution. The social dynamics in both case are similar. But last night, instead of tea, the food of change was mustard!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
They don’t hurt my feelings, I just don’t respect the NFL or worship it like some people. Why does my freedom of choice and speech bother you so much?

Sure they don't, that's why you listed out every single thing they do that twists your panties in a knot. And bonus, you throw in the non sequitur of your "freedom of choice and speech"....which that had eff all to do with anything. It's a message board genius, if you don't want someone replying to your post that might not kiss your ass over it, then don't post it.

My son plays high school football and he was highly entertained by what happened last night. This will help recruiting, not hurt it. Kids want to play in front of 100K rabid fans.
That pretty damn sad.

Being irrelevant for a decade is one of the primary pieces of energy driving behaviors like last night. Not condoning it not agreeing with it, just pointing out people are very frustrated with the status quo. The status quo appeared to be in operation last night, the zebras appeared to be determined the ranked SEC team was going to win.
Fwiw what I’m disgusted with is the treatment of other fans, my daughter included who attends Ole Miss. the nasty inbreeds groping , tripping, cussing and spitting at her. Has zero to do to with the refs.

If acting like you have been brought up to respect others, and it makes you think those that don't act like they were raised in a jungle are pompus asses you need to take a long look in the mirror. I agree we didn't catch very many breaks and I also think the spot was terrible and it may have changed the out come of the game. But, that is not the only reason we lost. The fumble on a punt and the short field we gave them, not to mention the OL injuries and lack of a running game had more to do with the loss. The fact that we could not stop their QB from running for 200 yards had more to do with the loss than anything. Throwing things on the field during a game is classless. For the first time in my life I was ashamed of how a few fans acted. Did anyone think that was going to get the refs to change the spot? If you think that is appropriate behavior you need to grow up.
Exhibit A

Often, a negative thing can have a positive outcome. It think the Riot at Neyland may do just that. There are times when people complain and complain and complain, rightly so, and yet no one in power does anything to address the complaint. They keep the same system in place and keep empowering themselves and reaping the riches. A example would be the way that Bama can lay Dodge Chargers on their kids and it's just an open joke, while we do the same and get investigated by the NCAA. Refereeing, also, is a powerful tool to subtly affect the game in favor of the top dogs and not let the unranked teams have a fair advantage. Why was a controversial and recently-disciplined crew allowed to ref this game?

College football is truly broken right now. It's ridiculous that Alabama and a few other teams can just keep winning and "parity" is not a goal that anyone in CFB leadership has in mind. So when human frustration boils over, it serves as a change agent. I think the OP is not far off in comparing what happened last night (as a similar human feeling, though not with the same important stakes) to the American Revolution. The social dynamics in both case are similar. But last night, instead of tea, the food of change was mustard!

I guarantee no one in the NCAA sees what happened last night and thinks "wow, those fans have a point, maybe we should listen to them" lol

VN Store

Back