Orgeron gone at season’s end

Oh boy. This feels like the first time they tried to fire Les Miles and the school rallied behind him...... Wild stuff.

His buyout on new contract was like 21 million. Assuming he's gonna get atleast 10 milli....

You could tell something was up with him in his post game interview

Crazy state but just saw that Saban was 48-16 at LSU and O is prolly going to finish over 50 wins and under 20 losses.

Really don't think LSU does this without something in the works.

Reactions: Cheese Vol
I think that is a decent hire, but is he better than Coach O? Debatable. Is Mel Tucker worth paying Coach O over 10 million not to coach anymore?
. I agree. Has Coach O really done that bad at LSU? I mean he does consistently beat Mullen and Florida and just won a natty two short years ago. Hell we kept Phil around a decade after he won the Natty and let him produce two losing seasons and get embarrassed frequently at Neyland by our rivals.

The comparisons to Chizik are also very overblown. O has a much better overall record than Gene did and alot bigger wins

Coach O is die hard and bleeds LSU. I would assume most coaches wouldn't give up a lot of money to resign. But could he possibly give them a deal?

Why would he? That would make no sense. I love the school so much that I will give up millions that are due to me to make it easier for you to let me go even though I just won a national championship the year before last for us. I always thought love and commitment was a two way street. You fire me, then I expect you to live up to the commitment you made to me. We sure are generous with other people's money when it comes to what we think they should do when they are fired, etc.

Why would he? That would make no sense. I love the school so much that I will give up millions that are due to me to make it easier for you to let me go even though I just won a national championship the year before last for us. I always thought love and commitment was a two way street. You fire me, then I expect you to live up to the commitment you made to me. We sure are generous with other people's money when it comes to what we think they should do when they are fired, etc.
Not like he is getting fired. Wait till he speaks on it. Right now everyone assumes he's fired but very odd they are putting out a separation agreement.

CBS Sports...

LSU and coach Ed Orgeron, 60, have reached a separation agreement that will result in Orgeron not returning to coach the Tigers following the 2021 season, according to Sports Illustrated's Ross Dellenger. Orgeron, who won a national championship at LSU in 2019, is expected to finish the remainder of the season as the team's coach.

While this development comes less than 24 hours after the Tigers upset Florida 49-42 at Tiger Stadium, Dellenger reports that the move had been in the works since last week's loss to Kentucky. Orgeron is expected to receive his entire $17 million buyout, according to The Athletic's Bruce Feldman.

Seems similar to UT/Fulmer?

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
They must have an agreement with someone already to do this. FOX sports saying they wanted Mel Tucker, but M st. was trying to keep him. Usually a coach is given an opportunity to prove himself in a big game before a major hire.

CBS Sports...

LSU and coach Ed Orgeron, 60, have reached a separation agreement that will result in Orgeron not returning to coach the Tigers following the 2021 season, according to Sports Illustrated's Ross Dellenger. Orgeron, who won a national championship at LSU in 2019, is expected to finish the remainder of the season as the team's coach.

While this development comes less than 24 hours after the Tigers upset Florida 49-42 at Tiger Stadium, Dellenger reports that the move had been in the works since last week's loss to Kentucky. Orgeron is expected to receive his entire $17 million buyout, according to The Athletic's Bruce Feldman.

Seems similar to UT/Fulmer?

LMAO.... So LSU is gonna pay out 17 million and do a search? Woodward either has someone lined up or this could be bad..... I will give Woodward benefit of doubt since he backed up the truck to pay Jimbo.

The fans never wanted O. They lived with him because he sold his soul to the voodoo queen for a championship.
That's gone, he looks like who he really is.

Reactions: AshG

VN Store

Back