Milton & the last play

It was a terrible decision to take off running and a ****** way to end the game, but everyone was going to be ready to jump down Milton’s throat for anything short of a touchdown there.

Milton is most likely the starter for the Alabama game.
Hooker seriously looked injured. Shin

If the first play was caught in the end zone Milton is a hero

Instead it wasn’t and he runs as clock expires which zero i mean ZERO chance of even scoring that way when he took off. A jump ball would have made more sense if no one was open at least give yourself a chance. Bonehead play

The lack of poise/awareness was astonishing. Milton got happy feet and couldn't even keep his eyes downfield on a 2 man pass rush where he only has to hold the ball long enough for recovers to go 20 yards.
Agree. Now we see why he was in the transfer portal.
Waiting for HB to transfer to UF or GA.

Milton is most likely the starter for the Alabama game.
Hooker seriously looked injured. Shin
Hooker has three weeks to get back. Play bailey next week. Milton is not the guy if it is me. Yea call me coarch.

Reactions: 08Vol
One of the knocks on Milton is that he is scared to get hit. I wasn't sold on that, but that last play changed my mind.

He ran out of bounds with no time left. It wasn't close. I still can't believe I saw him just give up like that. Whoever has the ball last HAS to leave it all on the field trying to get to that end zone.

I'm just stunned he did that. What are your thoughts? Not as big a deal as I'm feeling now?

I don't feel confident in him going forward.

He's not close to a good QB. He either didn't understand this situation or clock when he went in or he just went lulu on us. His last play was the worst play, worse than JG's Bama goal line turnover, in my opinion in UT history. He needed to give his team a chance on that last play and he had to put the ball in the end zone by a pass. That was their last chance. Instead he tucks it, and runs it after his protection broke down, but he came clear long enough to put the ball in the end zone. Running it out of bouds took the chance away from his fellow players in the field. WORST OFFENSIVE PLAY IN UT HISTORY IMO.

One of the knocks on Milton is that he is scared to get hit. I wasn't sold on that, but that last play changed my mind.

He ran out of bounds with no time left. It wasn't close. I still can't believe I saw him just give up like that. Whoever has the ball last HAS to leave it all on the field trying to get to that end zone.

I'm just stunned he did that. What are your thoughts? Not as big a deal as I'm feeling now?

I don't feel confident in him going forward.
Totally agree. I said after the BG game he seemed scared at times to get hit.

tHe touchdown imo, the refs didn't blow the play dead and Matt may have stopped but since the play wasn't blown dead it was a forced fumble recovered for a TD. Oh well we gotta some how get more players back for next week at bama now
Or refs calling several marked plays short for UT or long for Ole Piss

Joe Milton has no football IQ. He thought with no time left it was better to run out of bounds than throw the ball into the end zone cause no one was open.
This is in addition to his other issues of no touch on deep balls, starting down receivers, not going through progressions, and being scared to get hit. Pretty much doesn’t check a single box you need to be a good QB

My point is Vol Special Teams can be a huge impact. Could have been the Vol difference maker tonight... the muffed punt catch and the missed field goal hurt. Having to get six at the end vs three with three seconds left... well, we'll never know
I understand but the point is if OM makes their’s as well we’re in the same position. The muffed punt was the one play if there’s one to point to.

There are only two reasonable explanations for that last play: an incredibly bone-headed decision by Milton to not throw for the endzone, or it was a middle-finger to the program because of his playing status. I suspected it might be the latter, but WBIR had a sideline video of him looking up at the scoreboard clock just as he glided out of bounds. But wtf....he HAD to know the play started with only 3 seconds left.

Dude he's a kid and he tried to get a touch down. Time is messed up with adrenaline like that, he just ****ed up. Now as fans get behind him or you can shell shock him like JG. Better not Boo Milton he might help one day.
I mean I could agree here if this was a freshman. This guy has been playing college football for a few years.

VN Store

Back