Milton & the last play

ShoalCreekVol

One of the knocks on Milton is that he is scared to get hit. I wasn't sold on that, but that last play changed my mind.

He ran out of bounds with no time left. It wasn't close. I still can't believe I saw him just give up like that. Whoever has the ball last HAS to leave it all on the field trying to get to that end zone.

I'm just stunned he did that. What are your thoughts? Not as big a deal as I'm feeling now?

I don't feel confident in him going forward.

One of the knocks on Milton is that he is scared to get hit. I wasn't sold on that, but that last play changed my mind.

He ran out of bounds with no time left. It wasn't close. I still can't believe I saw him just give up like that. Whoever has the ball last HAS to leave it all on the field trying to get to that end zone.

I'm just stunned he did that. What are your thoughts? Not as big a deal as I'm feeling now?

Thought the same thing. Dude is 6-5, 240, and he pulled up and ran OOB with the game on the line following his own ignorant decision to not throw it.

Should’ve thrown it in the end zone. Really no other play for him to make.

I get that he might not have had a pass to make, but when you run with no time on the clock you can't run to the sideline and then slide out if bounds to avoid getting hit. Just CAN'T happen. Run to the end zone, make them have to end you. Whatever it takes. Leave it out there. For goodness sake, FIGHT.

He just GAVE UP. Quit.

His decision to run past the line of scrimmage was the killer. A first down was worthless with no time, and he was never going to get to the endzone. He needed to throw up a jump ball for us to have a chance, but he doesn't seem to have the in-the-moment football smarts to know that. I wish him well, but I'm not optimistic when he's on the field.

If he is EVER allowed back onto the field when a game is still in play, we need to seriously question our coaches. He wasn’t even aware of how much time was on the clock for the last play. He looked at the clock right before he ran out of bounds and gave away any chance.

His decision to run past the line of scrimmage was the killer. A first down was worthless with no time, and he was never going to get to the endzone. He needed to throw up a jump ball for us to have a chance, but he doesn't seem to have the in-the-moment football smarts to know that. I wish him well, but I'm not optimistic when he's on the field.

Absolutely, in the defense they were in, almost impossible to run fo a TD. Only play is to throw it.

Maybe he couldn’t care less.

He should've at least tried to get into the endzone. If your going to stupidly run it at least put in your best effort to score. If your scared to get hit running. Why not just throw it up and see if it can be caught. It makes zero sense.

What was more bizarre, the Touchdown that was called back or the last play?
tHe touchdown imo, the refs didn't blow the play dead and Matt may have stopped but since the play wasn't blown dead it was a forced fumble recovered for a TD. Oh well we gotta some how get more players back for next week at bama now

You always throw the ball in that situation no matter what, if you throw a pick what difference does it make at that point. Because who knows you may get lucky or even get a pass interference for one more untimed play… BUT!! If you do pull and run you DO NOT!! Run out of bounds at the 5 yd line, my goodness he could’ve cut back inside I mean he was bigger than everyone left to tackle him

VN Store

Back