Favorite alcoholic beverage

Did a blind taste test a few years ago with 3 bourbon fans. We had Blanton's, 4 Roses, Angel's Envy, Eagle Rare, and Jim Beam (white), just to see if any of us might rate Beam higher than any of the premium brands. All three of us picked Beam #2. We were all really surprised. Blanton's came in 3rd to 4th on every card (haven't bought Blanton's since). IMO, it's hard to beat Jim Beam Black. If you haven't done a blind taste test, I suggest you do one. It might save you a lot of money! But, everyone's tastes are different.

My bourbon/whisky stock is now Beam Black, Noah's Mill, Willett, Maker's cask strength, Pure Kentucky and Old Bardstown. All except Beam bought on the KY Bourbon Trail. Also have Tullamore Dew Original and rum cask Irish whiskey. All are unique and pretty dang good.

I'm always up for a different set/taste (I do keep beam in the cabinet) and wasn't introduced to Blantons until a few years ago, four roses has kind of been a staple for awhile. I'm def with ya on saving some $$$, as the blantons only mixes with ice!

Not much of a drinker but I do have an unopened bottle of makers from 1996 that commemorates the Kentucky Basketball Championship that year (Wife’s family is UK fans and they gave it to us as a gift).

Do I crack it open when we beat UK just to spite em?

Attachments

• 7874EC37-2429-4101-8770-922039585657.jpeg
    7874EC37-2429-4101-8770-922039585657.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 5
Yeungling mostly if I'm doing brews, a Heiny every now and then to change the pace. If it's cocktails or spirits my first choice is Patron Green shooters with a water chaser and second is Jack and water. If no Patron or Jack I don't drink, what's the point?

And that's it, unless we lost. Then Katy, bar the door.

Must have gone through alot of alcohol over the years 😂😂

o-SHINER-BOCK-facebook.jpg
Great with Wings, Barb q or Mexican

VN Store

Back