Oct. 14. 1995

House of Neyland

On this date 26 years ago Tennessee beat Bama for the first time in 10 years 41-14 at Legion Field. They wouldn’t lose to them again till 2002 winning 7 in a row. One of the greatest and most dominant wins against Bama we ever had. I was there man we brought a ton of fans to that game and we were rocking all night after that win. Good times!

Last edited:
On this date 26 years ago Tennessee beat Bama for the first time in 10 years 41-14 at Legion Field. They wouldn’t lose to them again till 2002 winning 7 in a row. One of the greatest and most dominant wins against Bama we ever had. I was there man we brought a ton of fans to that game and we were rocking all night after that win. Good times!

Yea, it's hard to believe we won 9 of 10 and 10 of 12 over the tree-killers, tea-baggers, and sucker-punchers the next 12 years.

Was there!

It was my 25th birthday. One of the best gifts I’ve ever received.
I had just turned 16 myself a few weeks before the game. This game was sweet redemption after the 93 tie game that we should’ve won. After the first play Manning to Kent 80 yard touchdown you just knew it was going to be a special night.

Last edited:
I had just turned 18 myself a few weeks before the game. This game was sweet redemption after the 93 tie game that we should’ve won. After the first play Manning to Kent 80 yard touchdown you just knew it was going to be a special night.
I happened to be watching it with a good friend who’s a Bama fan. Made it even sweeter.

Last edited:
That was a great day in 1995 but not there. I made 3 trips to Birmingham in 83,85 and 87 and Vols were 2-1. Also went once to Tuscaloosa in 99 where we thumped the eventual SEC champs on their field 21-7. 3-1 on trips to Bama feels good. Need to get this series competitive again.

I remember for years driving up the interstate from BHam and every overpass having "41-14" painted in orange. Buck Fama.

Me and couple of buddies in high school who were Vol fans taped a banner on the back of the bama fan gym teachers truck with 41-14 spray painted on it lol.

Last edited:
Me and couple of buddies in high school who were Vol fans taped a banner on the back of the bama fan gym teachers truck with 41-14 spray painted on it lol.

10/21/67 B'ham #7 Tn. 24 #6 Bama 13
10/19/68 Knox. #8 Tn 10 Bama 9
10/18/69 B"ham #13 Tn 41. Bama 14
10/17/70 Knox. #14 Tn 24. Bama. 0

Bear was the coach all 4 years.
The Power T ruled and life was good.
We never hit the field thinking we would not win.

I just watched a replay of this very game on YT a couple nights ago. Fond memories.

Reactions: House of Neyland
This will be Manning, back to throw. Across the middle. Pass complete. Pulled down at the 35 to the 40, to the 45 to the 50, to the 45 to the 40, to the 35, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, what did he do? All he did was score! Touchdown, Joey Kent, on Play Number One!

Here's Manning, down into the end zone. That touchdown pass is......GOOOOOOOOOOOD! I knew he had it!

Somebody just lowered the boom, as Burgdorf came out on the option. And it was Leonard Little that just cracked him!

This will be Graham...no it's Manning, on the naked bootleg reverse to the left side! Nobody even knows who's got the ball! Except Peyton Manning! He's got the ball, and where is he? In the end zone for SIX!

This is Manning. Crowd deafening. Handoff Graham. Comes to the near side at the corner. 25, 30. outside 35, 40. 45, 50, 45, 40, 35, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, yes. He went all the way. Is there a marker on the field? There is no marker on the field. TOUCHDOWN TENNESSEE!

Remember it like it was yesterday.

VN Store

Back