If we lose Saturday….

volsdeepnsc

Remember that 6 weeks ago none of us probably thought we had a chance at any of these next four games. Really good coaching and players buying in is why I have a lot of hope this weekend. Let’s remember that before we go off the deep end if we lose. Honestly, I’m not sure many thought we would make a bowl game, especially after the Pitt game. A bowl is not guaranteed however, it’s looking promising. In closing, I hope we stomp lame kitty and ole miss in the dirt! Oh believe me I’ll be pissed if we don’t pull it off but, I refuse to act like a 2 year old and embarrass myself, my team, and my fan base. GO VOLS!

PS. I have a feeling they can’t stop our run game. That makes me very hopeful!

Kiffin has a year more tenure at ole miss, a great qb, a Stud RB, good WRS and pretty good Defense. Tennessee will need to win the turnover battle and Tackle in space; or this could get out of hand. OM is a great offensive team, against better defenses than UT. Hoping the Vols can pull it off.

Ole Miss does not have a "pretty good" defense. They are ranked 12th in the SEC in points allowed. They've given up on average 31 points per game this year and only 6 points per game better than being Missouri level bad.

Ole Miss does not have a "pretty good" defense. They are ranked 12th in the SEC in points allowed. They've given up on average 31 points per game this year and only 6 points per game better than being Missouri level bad.
The eye test even works on them. They're just as bad as Mizzou on defense.

Kiffin has a year more tenure at ole miss, a great qb, a Stud RB, good WRS and pretty good Defense. Tennessee will need to win the turnover battle and Tackle in space; or this could get out of hand. OM is a great offensive team, against better defenses than UT. Hoping the Vols can pull it off.
Ole Miss defense is giving up 31 points a game and Tn. is giving up 21.5

Reactions: 90 Vol
I really expect to lose the next four unless we continue to progress and happen to beat Ky. (doubtful)

6-6 is still very respectable, given that we have already shown improvement and hopefully settled the qb dilemma.

I'm not willing to concede a loss to Kentucky. Apart from a fluky win against Florida, they've struggled to beat 2 teams that we took to the woodshed. They also struggled to beat UTC.

Of the next 4 game stretch ..........

I view Kentucky as a paper tiger. I predict they don't score an offensive touchdown this weekend against UGA.

Not a believer.
Kentucky is a very solid team this season regardless if they beat Georgia or not. They are on track for a 10 or 11 or possibly 12 win season we haven’t won 10 games since 2007.

Ole Miss defense is giving up 31 points a game and Tn. is giving up 21.5

Look at the schedules. Tenn played I legitimate sec team. OM has played two; # 1 bama & #13 Arkie (At the time) and both featured high scoring offenses. Yeah we played Pitt; then Pitt lost to Western Michigan.... I tend to look at things realistically; then if things go better; It's a welcome surprise.

Won't be surprised if we lose. Kiffin has a year under his belt, however, this could be a huge statement game if we win propelling recruiting and maybe playing bama tough. I do believe it could be the 1st season we've been looking for out of a HC, that could speed up our comeback. Making a bowl would be huge year 1 .

Reactions: House of Neyland
Look at the schedules. Tenn played I legitimate sec team. OM has played two; # 1 bama & #13 Arkie (At the time) and both featured high scoring offenses. Yeah we played Pitt; then Pitt lost to Western Michigan.... I tend to look at things realistically; then if things go better; It's a welcome surprise.
Classing Arkansas as a high scoring/high powered offense is generous. They've benefited playing some garbage defenses and against decent ones looked weaker. If Arky can hang 50+ on Ole Miss, Tennessee could hang 70+. Not saying they will, but they could.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Kentucky is a very solid team this season regardless if they beat Georgia or not. They are on track for a 10 or 11 or possibly 12 win season we haven’t won 10 games since 2007.

A weak schedule and catching LSU as the worst team in the west (what luck) will inflate the numbers.

I'm still not buying them as they are being made out to be. Decent at best, IMO. I think they get badly exposed this weekend.

A weak schedule and catching LSU as the worst team in the west (what luck) will inflate the numbers.

I'm still not buying them as they are being made out to be. Decent at best, IMO. I think they get badly exposed this weekend.
They're also getting thin in terms of injuries where they can't afford to lose guys.

Reactions: Doberman
Classing Arkansas as a high scoring/high powered offense is generous. They've benefited playing some garbage defenses and against decent ones looked weaker. If Arky can hang 50+ on Ole Miss, Tennessee could hang 70+. Not saying they will, but they could.

Wow! Wouldn't that be amazing! 70 will get you a W fosho. I see the first team to punt; loses.

Don't know if you watched the UK-FL game but FL had to play very badly for KY to win. And it took a blocked punt that KY got a lucky deflection to one of its players that took it in for a TD. And FL was inside the 10 with 1 Min to go and self destructed. KY got lucky thats all. They are a solid team but not great. I expect some losses to start now for them. They may beat us up there but I think our O has to give them TO's to win.

This is the 3rd "what if we lose" thread I've seen posted this week... Some of y'all need to RELAX!

Heupel and the boys are playing with house money thanks to their performance the past couple of weeks. They have nothing to lose. Saturday is about having fun. Relax and enjoy the game!

Reactions: Pride85
I really expect to lose the next four unless we continue to progress and happen to beat Ky. (doubtful)

6-6 is still very respectable, given that we have already shown improvement and hopefully settled the qb dilemma.
I expect NOTHING going into the Ole Miss game. I haven't felt like this in ages and it feels great. Normally I'd be a little nervous for the players and coaches, but I feel none of that. I'm genuinely just excited to scream my head off and watch the game unfold.

Don't know if you watched the UK-FL game but FL had to play very badly for KY to win. And it took a blocked punt that KY got a lucky deflection to one of its players that took it in for a TD. And FL was inside the 10 with 1 Min to go and self destructed. KY got lucky thats all. They are a solid team but not great. I expect some losses to start now for them. They may beat us up there but I think our O has to give them TO's to win.

UK forced UF to play badly, that is what good defenses do. They take away some of the things you are good at which forces you play mistake free, which UF didn’t do. UF had 7 plays from within the UK 10 to score a TD to tie the game and wasn’t able to. If UT was in the same situation do you really think we would be able to hold UF on 7 plays? UF won in 14,15, & 17 b/c we couldn’t stop them from scoring a late, game winning TD…

VN Store

Back