Livestream The Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I'm all for the Rock being whatever people want it to be, but someone needs head over and get the rock back on message for the game this weekend.

View attachment 402394
I don’t get how Hispanic heritage month can exist in todays PC-dominated culture. The Spaniards were some of the most brutal colonizers there were.

I don’t get how Hispanic heritage month can exist in todays PC-dominated culture. The Spaniards were some of the most brutal colonizers there were.

What an ignorant take. Hispanic Heritage Month is about the contributions to our country by people of Hispanic descent.

Reactions: flint
What an ignorant take. Hispanic Heritage Month is about the contributions to our country by people of Hispanic descent.

Nah, he's just using typical leftist logic, not saying he is a leftist, just using it aginst them.
Now paint over that rubbish with something negative about Lane and his ex wife.

Nah, he's just using typical leftist logic, not saying he is a leftist, just using it aginst them.
Now paint over that rubbish with something negative about Lane and his ex wife.

Oh look. Another dumb take. Shocking.

Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated from Sept 15 to Oct 15. Seems like they waited to the last minute to acknowledge it. The rock said "Checker Neyland" this morning.

For the record, I wouldn't expect it to stay that way for very long, especially leading up to such a huge game. I just can't take the ignorant, dismissive attitude that people have about these things just because it doesn't apply to them.

Just because logic, common sense and reason go's over your head does not make a post dumb.
But since you want to make a post about common sense and logic, let's do that. The original "joke" is ignorant for a few reasons. Aside from not understanding PC-culture or why it exists, he also doesn't understand HHM. It isn't people from Spain. It is people from any spanish speaking country or country in Latin America. That's like 20 something countries. The history of Spain is not relevant to Americans of Spanish descent celebrating HHM, nor is it relevant to all of the other countries included in HHM.

All that aside, it is absolutely asinine to make negative comments about this kind of thing. It isn't rubbish. It isn't offensive. It's literally celebrating a part AMERICAN history that for decades was overlooked. If you don't get that, then we will just go about our day.

You’re either an American or you’re not, no one cares about your lineage. This hyphenated American crap just needs to go away. Funny how all the great “unifiers” seem to do nothing but call out our differences and further divide us.
Recognizing and celebrating our differences is the point, especially since our country has a long and storied history of oppressing and silencing many of those voices. The people that can't do that without getting bent out of shape are the dividers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back