'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

He’s an Arizona kid. Arizona or Arizona State makes sense. Herman Edwards likes personal reclamation projects.
Unless you’re so desperate to start that you’re willing to go anywhere to do so, I can’t imagine why anyone with options would pick Arizona right now. They’re the worst P5 team not named Kansas or Vandy, and they have a worse loss this year than even those two teams.

Unless you’re so desperate to start that you’re willing to go anywhere to do so, I can’t imagine why anyone with options would pick Arizona right now. They’re the worst P5 team not named Kansas or Vandy, and they have a worse loss this year than even those two teams.
Jedd Fisch has a good offensive development rep. If it was solely about winning then why leave Oklahoma? He’ll have options.

Jedd Fisch has a good offensive development rep. If it was solely about winning then why leave Oklahoma? He’ll have options.

Jedd Fisch might turn AZ around eventually. It just seems like a pretty risky move for a pre-season Heisman favorite with 1st round aspirations.

He'll want to go to a team that is primed to compete for playoff spot and that has a history of developing NFL QBs. For that, Oregon and A&M seem like great fits. Neither school has a clear starter for 2022. USC is a possibility too depending on who they hire and what happens with Slovis.

A&M would make a lot of sense. Despite the upset of Bama I’m not sold yet on Calzada being the long term answer.

Jedd Fisch might turn AZ around eventually. It just seems like a pretty risky move for a pre-season Heisman favorite with 1st round aspirations.

He'll want to go to a team that is primed to compete for playoff spot and that has a history of developing NFL QBs. For that, Oregon and A&M seem like great fits. Neither school has a clear starter for 2022. USC is a possibility too depending on who they hire and what happens with Slovis.
I don’t think his options are as multiple as you seem to believe. Oklahoma has been a transfer DESTINATION. It’s refugees haven’t been as storied with success.

Reactions: volsfan_17
I don’t think his options are as multiple as you seem to believe. Oklahoma has been a transfer DESTINATION. It’s refugees haven’t been as storied with success.

Spencer hasn't been bad though. Not as good as last year, but he's still completing 70% of his passes on the year. Just a little turnover happy. I think he'll definitely be the number 1 target in the transfer portal for QBs.

Spencer hasn't been bad though. Not as good as last year, but he's still completing 70% of his passes on the year. Just a little turnover happy. I think he'll definitely be the number 1 target in the transfer portal for QBs.
It’s never been the SKILLS. He’s a locker room killer and doesn’t seem to be able to turn it off.

It’s never been the SKILLS. He’s a locker room killer and doesn’t seem to be able to turn it off.

I don't pay attention to OU football outside of the games on TV, so I don't know much about any of that. But he at least publicly supported his team this week through this QB change.

was curious also and even tho this is when in high school, something tells me he has not growed out of it !

And that backup QB was his best friend! He ended up getting suspended for the rest of the season…allegedly bullying. Since he’s been at Oklahoma, all we have to go on is interviews and body language…so no exact science. He doesn’t handle success well, so working through struggles has to be must watch television.

We do not need a 5 star. We have one sitting on the bench. We need quality players who can be developed for our system. It is pretty obvious our coaches know what they are doing.
We don't have any 5* QBs. Not saying it's a 100% requirement, but a rise like Clemson's would generally disagree. I'm talking if we want to get back to the TOP...top flight QBs sure would help, no? Imagine Heupel with a top 3 QB, it would be insane.

Last edited:
We don't have any 5* QBs. Not saying it's a 100% requirement, but a rise like Clemson's would generally disagree. I'm talking if we want to get back to the TOP...top flight QBs sure would help, no? Imagine Heupel with a top 3 QB, it would be insane.
We have one already that was a 3/4 star that leads the country in Efficiency. 185.6 rating. Sure a TL would be nice. However a Dobbs with Heupel would be much more fun for us. Just saying. They can keep Rattler. He get his ass broke at the next level and maybe even before his days are done in college. Kid is a punk. I dont care what he said in the interview, I don't want him or his talent anywhere near this team. That Video that was posted up, hell of a guy to play with

Hookers QB rating 185
Lawrence best year 169

Hookers QB rating 185
Lawrence best year 169
giphy.gif

It’s really hard to judge apparently. Rattler sucks and Hooker is balling. Lamar Jackson was a 3 star, Hunter Johnson was a 5.
It’s a crap shoot as far as rankings. Dobbs was a 3* on Rivals and 247 while Bailey and JG were fringe 5*.

It’s about finding a player who can execute the aspects of the position that you’ll be requiring of them to run your offense.

That’s why so many QB’s are “busts” at the NFL level.

Lol why take a shot at Bailey in your bust category ? Not sure I would say that yet considering he has 4 years of eligibility. Not a single qb in the entire country could unseat Hooker right now. To be fair we really don't know what Bailey can do at this point other than garbage time against TT. He will either wait his turn or transfer but I am happy with what we have. Besides the NFL is a whole different animal.

VN Store

Back