Josh Pate says Vols will

IF we win this week against Ole Piss, I will be happy about college football for the first time in a loooong time. I am optimistic that there will be a shootout in Ktown Saturday night and that the Vols will be left standing, while Kiffin kries all the way home to Oxford. :( GBO!

Dude's spot on.
Saturday nite will mark the beginning of the reemergence of what TN used to be.

I'd love that but we must face reality. It won't be a reemergence, rather a prelude of what's to come. Not until our recruiting is back on par with what it once was will we be back to terrorizing the SEC and power 5 OOC opponents. I share your sentiments, but we still have to plow the field, plant the seedlings, and finally harvest the crop. All in good time, grasshopper, all in good time.

Their defense was terrible last week against AR, but I'm still not clear on how many of our starters will be back from injury. Our problem on defense is the thin roster. The starters become obviously gassed by 4Q

Fulmer was crap
Fulmer was not crap, he hired good coordinators and they coached the team. Fulmer was the CEO just like a head coach should be. Once the good coordinators left Fulmer failed to hired reasonable replacements and it cost him his job. He got revenge by hiring cornbread and sucking millions of dollars out of the university.

Fulmer was not crap, he hired good coordinators and they coached the team. Fulmer was the CEO just like a head coach should be. Once the good coordinators left Fulmer failed to hired reasonable replacements and it cost him his job. He got revenge by hiring cornbread and sucking millions of dollars out of the university.
Fulmer won because he had the best players in the country at the time. Had nothing to do with coaching

Fulmer screwed Fulmer.

If he wasn’t lazy and too stubborn to change his philosophy, things might have been turned out differently for him. Hell, he may still be coaching here.

However, his way of playing football is out dated and wouldn’t work in the SEC now.

This is a bell weather game for us. We win and people will see that Tennessee is back and we have the best coach we have had since Fulmer was fired. Huge game Saturday night

Agreed. I’d even go as far to say if we lose a CLOSE one…you start that conversation. If people truly understood what Heupel inherited they’d think that no doubt.

VN Store

Back