5 keys to beat Ole Miss

#5. Getting players back from injury. It appears that we are full go minus Mitchell who is out for the year. Training staff will earn their pay checks this week. They need that soccer spray ready for Evans ankle and Small's shoulder.

#4. Must be able to get pressure with our front 4 especially late in the game. Containing their QB is a must do especially on 3rd down. We will play more zone on the back end I suspect to keep an eye on the QB so pressure is the only thing that speeds up his decisions. Give him 5 seconds and he will find someone open.

#3. O line must hold up early and often. Our offense sets up big plays very well. It's critical that the O line holds up so Hooker can take the shots down field when the opportunity arises.

#2. Coaches must not out coach themselves. What USCe did in their goalline against us that lead to our INT must NOT be duplicated by our staff this week. Run the ball often. The Rebel run defense is not their strength.

#1. Get off the field on 3rd down ESPECIALLY early in the game. Our defense is better but that only remains an advantage if they are rested. Come the 4th quarter these guys will be digging deep just because of lack of depth. If we can make it to the 4th with enough gas in the tank to finish the race we have a damn good shot of winning.

Go Vols
Need to run the ball, Ole Miss is 130 in the country in stopping the run.

jUsT follow the maxims

• The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.
  • Play for and make the breaks and when one comes your way ā€“ SCORE.
  • If at first the game ā€“ or the breaks ā€“ go against you, donā€™t let upā€¦ put on more steam.
  • Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.
  • Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackleā€¦ for this is the WINNING EDGE.
  • Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made.
  • Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.
ā— DON'T HIRE A HEAD COACH WHO'S A bammer

Kiffin will go for it on 4th down multiple times, even on his side of the field. Make it bite him in the a** every time

Reactions: Pacer92
Listening to the players and coaches from the YouTube I think they can compete however I think our fans will need to pack the stadium to help do their part for all the fans that are going. I myself will not bc I get off work Saturday morning at 630am
I agree, it should not be understated how much of an advantage a packed Neyland will be, and to be on your feet for four quarters full voice !!

Reactions: chrismc1000
The fast-paced offense was the main key to victory over Mizzou and SC, imo. Neither team had an answer for it.

agree

I donā€™t know if Tennessee can go punch for punch with Mississippi or not on Saturdayā€¦ā€¦hopefully we will find out they can.

However I sure hope Tennessee keeps doing Tennessee. Their fast game is working, and Tennessee clicks when they play fast.

Tennesseeā€™s slow game is not ā€œthereā€ yet. I donā€™t think Tennessee can beat decent to good teams trying to play differently or playing the slow gameā€¦ā€¦.Iā€™m hoping they come out and simply go fast for fast and letā€™s just see what happens.

Bunch of good points on here, there is one key that is a true lock to ensure the win. Score more points than them!!!! LOL!!!! GBO!!!!!

One key to victory is quit worrying about Kentucky whoopin yall in November and focus on the next game

Weā€™ll start worrying about Kentucky when you arenā€™t 9-41 over the last 50 yearsā€¦..or you beat a ranked UT team (Covid year doesnā€™t count) or you actually start winning at basketball again. Until thenā€¦.weā€™ll focus on how to actually beat the big boys.

But, thanks for playing, weā€™ll checkin about 5pm Saturday.

Weā€™ll start worrying about Kentucky when you arenā€™t 9-41 over the last 50 yearsā€¦..or you beat a ranked UT team (Covid year doesnā€™t count) or you actually start winning at basketball again. Until thenā€¦.weā€™ll focus on how to actually beat the big boys.

But, thanks for playing, weā€™ll checkin about 5pm Saturday.
good grief man take a chill pill that hurt my feelingsšŸ˜¢

Watching the Ole Miss - Arky gameā€¦

We will absolutely have our hands full with this offense and Corral.

Need to defensively limit big plays on 1st down. They will take 4 plays in most series.

Corral is really good. He makes quick decisions and is a good runner. I wouldnā€™t send the house for him too often. Strategy should be to contain him and limit his yards.

Iā€™m worried that heā€™s going to eat us up with the slants.

And MAN is he doing a great job! I've never been more impressed with a coordinator than I am with Tim Banks. We don't have any stars on defense but as a unit they've been outstanding. That whole defensive staff may be the best defensive staff we've ever had.

reminds me of a Brother Donahue defense. Not sure on the spelling, but check the 85 Vols defense for reference.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Tu es Petrus, et super hanc petram aedificabo ecclesiam meam. Et tibi dabo claves regni caelorum.

Darn you volinthenorth! I don't understand Latin, but let me take a guess based on our exchange about keys.
You are Peter, on this rock I will build my church, and to you I will give the keys of the kingdom of the heavens.
Or something to that affect.

jUsT follow the maxims

• The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.
  • Play for and make the breaks and when one comes your way ā€“ SCORE.
  • If at first the game ā€“ or the breaks ā€“ go against you, donā€™t let upā€¦ put on more steam.
  • Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.
  • Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackleā€¦ for this is the WINNING EDGE.
  • Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made.
  • Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.
This is the one that worries me

VN Store

Back