Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Here is how the scoring went down yesterday, Post starter Chicago 26 Phoenix 27. Perimeter starters Chicago 51 Phoenix 41. Bench Chicago 14 Phoenix 9. Anytime Parker and Stevens can match Griner and Turner inside I think Chicago wins.

Kahleah Copper was the number 18th ranked player in the 2012 hoopgurlz rankings and signed with Rutgers. She had her breakout season in the WNBA this season. How she is playing this season compared to her first few seasons is like night and day improvement.

Kahleah Copper was the number 18th ranked player in the 2012 hoopgurlz rankings and signed with Rutgers. She had her breakout season in the WNBA this season. How she is playing this season compared to her first few seasons is like night and day improvement.
sad it had to be at the expense of Diamond DeShields who will be packing her bags to another WNBA team in the offseason its seems her and Copper cant play together they are good friends but career wise it isn't good for Diamond....Atlanta does need some new players they are starting from scratch good opportunity for DD to go back home

sad it had to be at the expense of Diamond DeShields who will be packing her bags to another WNBA team in the offseason its seems her and Copper cant play together they are good friends but career wise it isn't good for Diamond....Atlanta does need some new players they are starting from scratch good opportunity for DD to go back home
I don’t want to see Diamond leave.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Atlanta seems like too much of a hot mess at the moment..I could see her doing well in LA though

2022 WNBA Free Agents Tracker
Here is the free agent list for next season. Any team willing to pay the money could build a winner quickly. Vandersloot and Quigley would more than likely be a package deal. DeShields is a restricted free agent so she may not be leaving. Copper is a free agent who I bet Chicago pays the money to keep. I would think that true of Vandersloot and Quigley also. Lot of big names on the list could make some bad team a very good team quickly.

Yep, Diamond made improvements this season too, but Copper really stepped her game up. Bit of a bummer for DD as it looked like she was set to play a big role for the Sky this season.

Copper has always had the athleticism but her game matured this season. She’s making the easy play now and has been really successful. She had a tendency to force things or play too fast in the past.

Last edited:
Good not great pickup for Auburn. At the very least she'll add size to their lineup. Maybe there is some hope for them after all.

There it is. Just made a comment the other day that I was surprised she didn’t get a true big from the portal. Johnnie has always been a posts coach. She really needed some size on her roster defensively.

Don’t think Precious will give them much offensively, but they will need her to play some minutes against teams with a true center like UT, SC and a couple others.

Reminds me of the improvement in Rae’s game.

Reactions: LadyOrange
2021-22 Women's Basketball Roster - University of Kentucky Athletics

Just a ten player roster this season so they can't afford any injuries. Looks like a team that should finish in the top four if they avoid losing anymore players.

Particularly inside. They are going to need Owens to be available for 30+ minutes most nights I would guess. She’s also going to need to triple, or better, her output in scoring and rebounding. She averaged 4 points and 2 boards last season.

Unless Leveretter has improved significantly Olivia really has no backup. Dre Edwards cannot guard the post in the SEC. That was established last season. She also had a difficult time scoring in the post. She averaged 6 boards on the season but only 4 in SEC play. She just couldn’t hang with the big girls last season.

Inside game hasn’t been Kentucky’s thing for a while, but I’m still surprised at how thin they are in the post. Just nothing doing there.

I’m actually picking Kentucky to fish 7th (gasp) but I don’t think Howard can carry them. They have a massive rebounding problem and they didn’t really add anything in the off-season. If anything they lost ground in the off-season.

VN Store

Back