‘23 TN OL/DL Tyler 'Bubba' Jeffries

After sustaining a season-ending injury in Greenback's 1st game last year, Jeffries decided to transfer to Alcoa. He received an offer from Florida State last month.
Florida State offers talented Tennessee offensive lineman

Jeffries and teammate Lance Williams should be a formidable pair on the Alcoa OL for the next 2 years. Williams (6-4, 300), holding offers from South Carolina and Kentucky, was all-state in football last year and was undefeated as freshman wrestler, winning the Class A/AA state championship in '20.

Wonder why he transferred to Alcoa--Maryville not offering?

Given a choice I might pick the winningest coach in state history over a quality guy at the school down the street. I will go watch them play a few weeks into the playoffs.... I am not into investing time and money in games with running clocks.

Doesn't sound like anything is happening here on last night chat
Yeah, wished Eric had of been more forthcoming in the way he answered the question posed. Somewhat of a stretch for me to say he is saying "take" on any of them. I appreciate the question and any answer is better than nothing !

Update on Tyler Jeffries, Drake Carlson, Nathan Robinson, and Trevor Duncan in-state? And at LB Grant Godfrey and Grayson Howard?
no, continuing to evaluate, yes, yes
Evaluating all these guys but top line is what i know for sure

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
WTF 4 star tennesseean from Grennback/Alcoa and no interest?
People have got to stop star gazing. The services saying that someone is a 4* or 5* (especially if the evaluation is from sophomore year) doesn't mean they are going to be a good player in college. Some kids are advanced physically and max out in high school. Some kids dominate against inferior competition. Some kids do well strictly from athleticism, but have no work ethic. Some kids simply don't fit your system.

His offer list disagrees with you.
And tons of kids get offers their sophomore year that won’t still be there when the official offers are sent out their senior year.

The fact is no one here can tell how good a player is by their 247 page or whatever. It’s as much marketing as it is legitimate evaluation of ability.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Let’s do a volnation protest and rejection of stars. From what y’all say we don’t need them. Stars are not necessary and deceive the average vol fan into false assessments of talent. Coaches don’t use services or stars so let’s email rivals and 247 en masse and tell them to quit their Tom foolery.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Let’s do a volnation protest and rejection of stars. From what y’all say we don’t need them. Stars are not necessary and deceive the average vol fan into false assessments of talent. Coaches don’t use services or stars so let’s email rivals and 247 en masse and tell them to quit their Tom foolery.
Sounds like a plan.

VN Store

Back