'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

We thought the same thing on the morning of The Third Saturday in October, 1982.

So for record they may not be what they were 3 to 5 years ago but i dont see major down turn. Every couple of years he has a down year due to all staff turnover he has. And next year bama rolls like they have for decade....tread carefully with the their on down swing

Did he not try to retain Garner? I don't recall the timing of Harsin's hire, CRG leaving, etc..
Brought in a NFL assistant DL coach with no previous college coaching experience but that was after hiring Tracy Rocker who jumped to the pros. So he picked Rocker over Garner. You do the math.

Brought in a NFL assistant DL coach with no previous college coaching experience but that was after hiring Tracy Rocker who jumped to the pros. So he picked Rocker over Garner. You do the math.

Not sure he had a shot at Garner. Garner was pretty locked in that he wanted to be at TN since Steele was let go at Auburn. He planned to be DL coach under previous staff or Steele then it was a no brainer that whoever we hired would hire an elite DL coach sitting in your lap

Ok, I forgot about Rocker..

2+2= yea, Harsin is not to bright...

Reactions: butchna
Back to Mr. Nolen, he'll be an NFL star no matter where he goes to school. Eating Mom's cooking on Sunday afternoon in Powell is a big selling point for the Vols.

Can we give Mom a cookie contract?

Tennessee isn't exactly the epitome of success on the field recently, but why you'd want to go play for Jimbo Fisher I'll never understand. Georgia? Yeah, I get that. Alabama? Makes complete sense. Clemson? Okay, that's fine. But, Texas A&M? Perennial under-achievers with all that talent and they've already lost two games this year in which they were the favorite. Jimbo has accomplished nothing at TAMU.

I don’t really understand A&M being in it. I’d understand Bama or UGA. That’s what gives me hope is that’s just kind of out there to be between us and A&M.

No, he was not right because he has no idea what this recruit will do when the recruit has not decided yet. So even if he ends up guessing right it is meaningless.

Couldn’t that be said for literally everyone that follows recruiting? From message board hero’s like AV to paid guys like AP?

VN Store

Back