Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
UGA really is the #1 at this point of the season. but will they survive their Georgia gonna Georgia moments that will inevitably come? Their fans are insufferable.

Bama and Saban got their wake-up call last night. He will use the loss to his advantage in the locker room and on the practice field. Their D was totally exposed. It's not good - it's very average for the SEC. The O will get better because of talent. As good as Robinson is as their top RB, he's not as much of a breakaway threat as they are accustomed to having. Good to see the mercenary #10 walk off the field with his head down. Makes a nice play, then disappears or gets exposed for the next 10. Same as here.

Who wants to play Cincy or Coastal? Hard pass from me. Those guys are good at what they do.

lol at Jimmy Frank. lol at JG Martinez and Frost. lol at Ogre. What a mess of a team. lol at the Hook and Release Longhorns. lol at BYU. lol as the Clawface Demon Deacons continue their march toward ACC dominance.

What a Saturday! Meanwhile, we actually have posters upset that Heup took the foot off the accelerator in the second half after leading 38-7 at halftime. With a severely depleted roster they wanted more steam put on. Patience, grasshoppers.

This is an important statement week. We will see how far we have actually come in the rebuild. Kiffin and his team need to be exposed as the posers they are. Most Vol fans will agree, all we really need is quality depth and to continue to recruit and develop the best QB and RB possible to take this program to an elite level. The coaching staff, schemes, and development are aces. As is our fanbase for enduring the past decade and remaining loyal to the program.
Great post! I hope every seat in that Stadium has a butt in it on Saturday night, because this team deserves that. I wish I could be there. This is one of those moments that could be a huge statement win to elevate our program. The staff has managed a thin roster the best they can to put us in position to be as healthy as possible entering this week. Let’s go out and get it done!

Willie Martinez - Heup knew. DC Banks helped. My last bite of crow has been eaten. I celebrate your ability to develop guys in the secondary.

Has any coach done more work with transfers than Heup? Gets the benefit of Hooker already making the move, retains, and then develops him. Retains the commitment of T-Evans and gets him the touches. Incorporates Velus into the perfect position in the scheme. Speaking of - where are the Kodi Burns haters now? Turnage steps into the void and just rocks the world in his first start. Byron Young - wow - and that was even with being held and tackled nearly every play. Which tells us that Heup needs to get some more talented guys out the portal this class.

Add the incredible development of guys in the front six/seven on D. Everybody stopped whining about the O-line, especially when Coop is in there. Nobody wants Cade moved inside anymore. Spraggins continues to improve. Carvin and Wright are doing really well on the left side together when Carvin doesn't have to play C.

Bumps in the road coming, but I 've already seen enough to be really pleased with the trajectory.
Yep….. we always talk about the next staff being great but this is the first one that I feel has each position group playing at our above their perceived skill level…… The way this staff is able to get production out of everyone on the roster is amazing….. Now just have to recruit some studs.

It looked like to me they had a plan and the players got confused. It took a few seconds for the coaches to realize that the players were not 100% certain of what was going on. This is still a work in progress. They seem to be getting better every week. I think coach mentioned that there's still a lot of work to get the max out of the offense.

JH needs to be right beside the official calling the TO as soon as the play is blown dead

Willie Martinez - Heup knew. DC Banks helped. My last bite of crow has been eaten. I celebrate your ability to develop guys in the secondary.

Has any coach done more work with transfers than Heup? Gets the benefit of Hooker already making the move, retains, and then develops him. Retains the commitment of T-Evans and gets him the touches. Incorporates Velus into the perfect position in the scheme. Speaking of - where are the Kodi Burns haters now? Turnage steps into the void and just rocks the world in his first start. Byron Young - wow - and that was even with being held and tackled nearly every play. Which tells us that Heup needs to get some more talented guys out the portal this class.

Add the incredible development of guys in the front six/seven on D. Everybody stopped whining about the O-line, especially when Coop is in there. Nobody wants Cade moved inside anymore. Spraggins continues to improve. Carvin and Wright are doing really well on the left side together when Carvin doesn't have to play C.

Bumps in the road coming, but I 've already seen enough to be really pleased with the trajectory.
I wish we had someone other than Lane to put in at Guard that dude missed way too many blocks.

JH needs to be right beside the official calling the TO as soon as the play is blown dead
Yeah, I wasn't pleased with the clock management either. Mentioned it at the time. I don't think his plan was to call timeout there. I think he thought they were ready to go and obviously they weren't. I think there's an advantage to not letting the defense to get their wheels back under them.

My only worry about Ole Miss is our safety play. Their QB can launch the ball, just hope our Safeties can keep up with the speed of the Ole Miss receivers. Hopefully our pass rush gets to the QB before he can launch one of those deep throws though.
This week will be crucial for our D-Line to not get so far up field on their pass rush, bc Corral can certainly beat us with his feet. Yesterday, and even earlier in the season with Pickett, we allowed some easy first down conversions by not staying in our rush lanes and either letting the QB step up, or get outside the pocket. Secondary will need to be on their best eye discipline bc Kiffin will throw wrinkles and window dressing to get guys open.

Yeah, I wasn't pleased with the clock management either. Mentioned it at the time. I don't think his plan was to call timeout there. I think he thought they were ready to go and obviously they weren't. I think there's an advantage to not letting the defense to get their wheels back under them.

Agreed here.

I think in a perfect world where the offense is clicking, Heup would like to get up to the line and go quick so the defense can’t get set. We aren’t there yet with the system, but I don’t hate it.

It’s definitely a different way of looking at the end of half timeout situation.

Agreed here.

I think in a perfect world where the offense is clicking, Heup would like to get up to the line and go quick so the defense can’t get set. We aren’t there yet with the system, but I don’t hate it.

It’s definitely a different way of looking at the end of half timeout situation.
I think you see an all out Offense against Ole Miss. there won’t be any letting off the gas against them. No matter the score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back