CJH > Kiffin

camp_steveo

I know Kiffen has a lot of people who believe in him, but I never really did. I always thought he was a bit of a fraud.

CJH on the other hand seems to be the real McCoy. I don't know if the Vols can match up with Ole Miss, but I sure would love to see CJH get the best of Kiffen. That would be icing on the cake.

Go Vols!

Get your popcorn ready.
To be fair to both coaches, which one fares better long term will depend on how they learn to manage their staffs and in particular assemble a group of great defensive coaches.
Also, one must say to this point, Kiffin is almost certainly a better recruiter today than CJH, but I think this could change very soon if we continue to put a product on the field that gets noticed by recruits. Its early in their current tenures at SEC schools, but to me the biggest hurdle for both will come as the top programs learn to scheme around their particular "style" of offense. Then, how do these two coaches adapt their system to "adjust to the adjustments". For example, SCar today demonstrated how to slow us down in the 2nd half. What will Heup do to counter that? He never really overcame it today, as our only score came from a short field. Now, he likely didn't feel he had to do much since we were up, but this will be interesting to watch.
When you run a bit of a "gimmicky" offense, the good programs catch up and adjust. Then you have to tweak your system. I hope he can, and I believe he can. It will be fun to watch.

To be fair to both coaches, which one fares better long term will depend on how they learn to manage their staffs and in particular assemble a group of great defensive coaches.
Also, one must say to this point, Kiffin is almost certainly a better recruiter today than CJH, but I think this could change very soon if we continue to put a product on the field that gets noticed by recruits. Its early in their current tenures at SEC schools, but to me the biggest hurdle for both will come as the top programs learn to scheme around their particular "style" of offense. Then, how do these two coaches adapt their system to "adjust to the adjustments". For example, SCar today demonstrated how to slow us down in the 2nd half. What will Heup do to counter that? He never really overcame it today, as our only score came from a short field. Now, he likely didn't feel he had to do much since we were up, but this will be interesting to watch.
When you run a bit of a "gimmicky" offense, the good programs catch up and adjust. Then you have to tweak your system. I hope he can, and I believe he can. It will be fun to watch.
Can't really judge CJH as a recruiter until this whole NCAA mess is resolved. Lane was a always a pretty good recruiter. I hear they have a fine selection of "hostesses" in Oxford.

I don't think you can call anyone a fraud who has only had one losing season his entire career. He's 70-40, that's pretty darn good. A snake, sure. A fraud, not so much.

Reactions: The_Big_Orange
I don't think you can call anyone a fraud who has only had one losing season his entire career. He's 70-40, that's pretty darn good. A snake, sure, fraud, not so much.
If you throw in his time with the Raiders, he has won 50 something percent of his games. He is a 500 ish coach. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, if that’s the kind of winner you aspire to have coaching your football team.

Reactions: VAVol85
If you throw in his time with the Raiders, he has won 50 something percent of his games. He is a 500 ish coach. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, if that’s the kind of winner you aspire to have coaching your football team.
I mean Saban is a terrible coach if you judge by NFL coaching.. Also, Meyer isn't doing too hot either despite his 3 national titles with two teams.You cannot compare coaching records college vs pro, especially when said coaches go to some of the worst teams in the NFL. I was pretty clearly judging his college credentials, which is what matters in college football.

Tennessee is a top program, we just haven't been a top team lately. Ole Miss hasn't been relevant at the end of the season since time out of mind. They haven't won an SEC title since 1963 and haven't finished higher than 10th in the final poll since 1968. Our programs aren't comparable.

Reactions: camp_steveo
I mean Saban is a terrible coach if you judge by NFL coaching. You cannot compare coaching records college vs pro, especially when said coaches go to some of the worst teams in the NFL.
Difference is, Kiffin is nowhere near what Saban is like some try to act like. He's literally done nothing major as a college head Coach.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I mean Saban is a terrible coach if you judge by NFL coaching. You cannot compare coaching records college vs pro, especially when said coaches go to some of the worst teams in the NFL. I was pretty clearly judging his college credentials.
Why don’t we throw out his USC stats too, since he was under sanctions and such, and his time there really wasn’t an accurate reflection on his true abilities.

Difference is, Kiffin is nowhere near what Saban is like some try to act like. He's literally done nothing major as a college head Coach.
You're making stuff up. No one compares Kiffin to Saban. Lmao. You're just trying to stir the pot, I see lol.

VN Store

Back