Can Dee Beckwith get on the field?

I wondered before last week why he wasn't at least being utilized in short yardage situations. I'm not a coach or at practice though.

Has'nt earned playing time in practice, its that simple with this staff. I think we have seen more players that played early, take a seat, this year than years past. And...some have'nt sniffed the field yet, even in garbage time. I like it

It for sure is a legit reason he isn't playing, this staff plays guys that work. Either he doesn't have the attitude or work ethic or he simply hasn't earned the reps. I don't know the reason, but I would be willing to bet the coaches have a great reason. GBO!!!!

I think he plays this week. This guy needs a position either at tight end, or at running back. Give him some reps please!!!

I thought someone posted a post of his with some ominous message that seemed like a transfer was coming.. can’t remember what it was now. Good to hear he has been more positive lately
He was sharing the new uni's and a picture of a sheet a frat house draped over their balcony that had some choice words for the cocks

Reactions: ACvol3
Which player at WR or TE are you advocating we reduce reps for to shoehorn Beckwith in there?

I think it depends on the package or formation that we could run. I think he could give us some versatility in 12 personnel. I’m obviously not at practice, but given his size and speed i think he could potentially be a matchup nightmare in red zone situations if you split him out wide or if you get him matched up against a linebacker .

Remember this is a high school quarterback (if my memory serves me correctly).
So, the fundamentals at RB are probably underdeveloped. Plus, he is learning a whole new set of offensive keys. How is his pass protection?
I know it would be a dead giveaway to put Dee in and only run with him in the lineup.
Let's not get too twisted up with comparisons ... Marcus Pierce has been a running back since High School and had college RB experience before he came to UT.
Take a moment and breathe ... good things do come to the properly prepared.
Frankly, I want them (the coaching staff) to get him physically and mentally prepared BEFORE sending him out there ... vs ... sending an ill prepared player out there to get hurt due to not being 'ready.' [That was said in my parent voice.] :^))))))))

I have a hard time believing there isnt a place on this team for Beckwith. It may be a matter of him trying to make it as a RB, when he just needs to change positions. I dont know. I feel like he would be a killer LB.
Someone his size should at least be on special teams in some fashion. That tells me that he’s not as committed as he needs to be. It’s not the coaches fault for not seeing the field. We’ve seen how coach uses his players when they out the work n and the ones that don’t he disciplines with more time on the sidelines.

it's Hurd all over. They saying he's too big to be a rb, and the room is crowded. I say make him a full back and run over them. You don't waste that.

Really would love to see him split out of the backfield...then put on a nickelback or line backer in pass formations. Even getting him out to pass block on screen passes. Just thought we would see that type of packages with him. Oh well if he can't figure it out then he can't figure it out.

Wildcat formations.
I’ve been wanting to see some wildcat formations. I’d like to see if Dee could be used 1 or 2 times in a wildcat formation, and the throw the ball to him in the middle or the outside. If not use him for that, let him just run a couple of times, and see where he stands, either catching or running. I think the guy needs some confidence of something?

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back