Lady Vols Softball

You need 3 pitchers for a weekend series as the game continues to evolve
I don’t disagree with that. #3 isn’t used traditionally unless injury, relief, chew up innings etc. in the SEC. I’d slate our roster Rogers, White, Bender, Edmundson, Simpson, McCachren coming out of the weekend. Especially with the showcase ERA style now more and more teams are going situational pitching staffs, power, lefties, spinner etc to give different looks.

Upside yes, not too much. She was better yesterday than I thought she’d be after seeing her play at PGF. She has to cut out giving up the long ball which has been her downside
That’s good to hear. Look it was the first set of fall games. I wasn’t expecting to hear outstanding things about our pitchers so early especially with 3 pitchers being new to the program. White aside, I think that the rest of the them have the ability to impact our pitching staff in positive ways. As regards to Simpson, I think that she will have a smaller role starting off the season but could develop well and grow up as the season goes along.

I don’t disagree with that. #3 isn’t used traditionally unless injury, relief, chew up innings etc. in the SEC. I’d slate our roster Rogers, White, Bender, Edmundson, Simpson, McCachren coming out of the weekend. Especially with the showcase ERA style now more and more teams are going situational pitching staffs, power, lefties, spinner etc to give different looks.
I 100% agree. I remember in the 2015 SEC tournament against LSU we used I think 4 or 5 pitchers in that game to win, but I could be wrong. I do not think that we would have won that game if they did not use each of them throughout the year. It’s all about getting them comfortable in the circle, but part of that is the confidence in your offenses’ ability to respond to different pitchers, early and late in games. Late in the year last year I felt as if our pitchers were scared to throw the ball knowing it might leave the yard and our offense at the time was dead.

Reactions: Majors
That’s good to hear. Look it was the first set of fall games. I wasn’t expecting to hear outstanding things about our pitchers so early especially with 3 pitchers being new to the program. White aside, I think that the rest of the them have the ability to impact our pitching staff in positive ways. As regards to Simpson, I think that she will have a smaller role starting off the season but could develop well and grow up as the season goes along.
I don’t see her as a weekend pitcher, more midweek and even then only so many innings to hand out. Can she progress yes, but as we know in the past maximize your early time to play later. Back to back HR vs UL goes back to summer concerns, gives up runs fast.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
I don’t see her as a weekend pitcher, more midweek and even then only so many innings to hand out. Can she progress yes, but as we know in the past maximize your early time to play later. Back to back HR vs UL goes back to summer concerns, gives up runs fast.
Afraid the homerun machine is already taken on our staff she needs to find a better niche. :) We need mid week depth, I think White can be sec day two then we need to be able to mix and match some major games. Bender is a one time through the order type (TTO) we just need someone to step up along the way.

Afraid the homerun machine is already taken on our staff she needs to find a better niche. :) We need mid week depth, I think White can be sec day two then we need to be able to mix and match some major games. Bender is a one time through the order type (TTO) we just need someone to step up along the way.
I am not opposed to rogers day 1 & white day 2 (I feel like those 2 can switch depending on the matchup) but for day 3 I like the all hands on deck especially if the rest of our staff and stay in their lane and hone in on their strengths and develop them as the season goes on.

Reactions: kregman
I am not opposed to rogers day 1 & white day 2 (I feel like those 2 can switch depending on the matchup) but for day 3 I like the all hands on deck especially if the rest of our staff and stay in their lane and hone in on their strengths and develop them as the season goes on.
Rogers and White will be a solid 1-2 that will keep us in most if not all games in the SEC. If both stay healthy, the need for a 3 in more than a role other than “unique situations” hopefully will be far and few.

Reactions: kregman
Rogers and White will be a solid 1-2 that will keep us in most if not all games in the SEC. If both stay healthy, the need for a 3 in more than a role other than “unique situations” hopefully will be far and few.
I agree. I just don’t think that with this staff, defense, & our improved offense should ashley pitch more than half our innings by the SEC tournament. In a perfect world, I’d like to see rogers pitch 35%, white 35%, and the remaining 30% distributed amongst the other 4 in terms of innings. That is based on my faith in the offense and our ability to respond in games which I think will be a big down the stretch.

The field is set for the St Pete Clearwater Elite Invitation and I will say that if we play any of the teams aside from texas tech & wisconsin (I don’t think they even made the ncaa tournament last year) I think will be good RPI builders. If I remember correctly we played 3 games down there last year. If we play washington, osu, notre dame, clemson, texas, or michigan I would be happy.

That sounds about right if they get about 5 games per weekend. Hope the weather cooperates, and they get all the games in.

The field is set for the St Pete Clearwater Elite Invitation and I will say that if we play any of the teams aside from texas tech & wisconsin (I don’t think they even made the ncaa tournament last year) I think will be good RPI builders. If I remember correctly we played 3 games down there last year. If we play washington, osu, notre dame, clemson, texas, or michigan I would be happy.

If we play OSU will probably see Miranda Ellish who transferred to Ok State

SPC is a five-game guarantee.

VN Store

Back