Black jerseys look to be Official

I don't get the connection. Alumni Hall advertises a jersey and that means it's what will be worn for not the next game, but the one after that?

Since when they wore the black jerseys under Kiffin they warmed up pregame in orange ones then switched to black in the locker room before coming back out, maybe reverse it. Warm up in black jerseys and then switch to orange before coming back out. And give every player a box of popcorn as they run through the T.

A total mind freak for Kiffin.

I wonder if that 1903 T really looked that similar to our current T
I don't believe the uniform actually had a "T" on the chest at all. I think that's entirely made up by whoever created that poster, a half-century or more later.

And not only that, but the poster makers got the year wrong. We didn't adopt black jerseys until, I think, 1911. Before that, our lads were wearing white baseball uniforms.

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
i liked the smoky gray unis with the traditional white helmet look.
I don't usually engage in "uniform" chats. I love the game more than the aesthetics or "pageantry". But I loved the close up view of that helmet. You just couldn't see it well on tv or from a distance.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
I think the jersey change after warmups and the surprise lead to a lot of that electricity. It was a great night but I'd prefer we stick with the orange.

It definitely added to it, and to each their own on jersey preference, I like doing new things once or twice a year. Keeps it fun for fans and athletes, but that’s solely my opinion.

It definitely added to it, and to each their own on jersey preference, I like doing new things once or twice a year. Keeps it fun for fans and athletes, but that’s solely my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, every once in a while ok. The fact it was Halloween and a surprise was perfect timing for the black jerseys.

VN Store

Back