'22 LA RB Dylan Sampson (Tennessee signee)

I hope this young man comes to UT and does unbelievable things.......

But the, “looks like,” “reminds me of,” etc.....

I’ll believe it when I see it. When it’s actually done in Knoxville.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I hope this young man comes to UT and does unbelievable things.......

But the, “looks like,” “reminds me of,” etc.....

I’ll believe it when I see it. When it’s actually done in Knoxville.
As if this needed to be explained, but in no sense did I suggest Sampson held an ounce of the talent of Tomlinson. I just watch his runs and see similarities in styles and traits. No more, no less. LT is a once in a generation type talent, so in no way am I suggesting that they are even in the same zip code in terms of talent.

Maybe it's the #21 jersey, but this kid looks a lot like LaDainian Tomlinson in terms of style, balance, and body control though about 20 lbs lighter.
The purple jersey too! Even though LT wore 5 in college.. And do I see a visor?

As if this needed to be explained, but in no sense did I suggest Sampson held an ounce of the talent of Tomlinson. I just watch his runs and see similarities in styles and traits. No more, no less. LT is a once in a generation type talent, so in no way am I suggesting that they are even in the same zip code in terms of talent.
It's a fair comparison i say. He runs exactly llke him.

People forget LT wasn't some freak RB out of Texas HS ranks. Worked his butt off in college and became a beast. Continued to work hard as a pro. Jerry Rice type training. Legendary, grueling training.

This kid looks very similar in style and talent.

This is why people need to stop worrying about recruiting rankings and trust coaching evaluations.
Always trust a coach over a recruiting analyst. Always going to trust the person with something to lose. Recruiting analysts get some wrong, nothing happens. If a coach starts to get some wrong, at least a lot of pressure will be put on him to have instant success on the hot seat. Also, need to get guys that actually fit the systems.

Underrated posts are underrated - spot on Greg and allvol. That's the hard part of reading and posting on here. Posters think they know something by the number of stars from recruiting services who provide a marginally valuable product at best. At worst they are shills and posers.

Heup is demonstrating to recruits on the field in the SEC that he and his staff can develop players at a high level to showcase their talents and win. That will continue all season. So if he taps your shoulder as a player, you know he means business and you are a fit. That makes it much easier over time to recruit the type players who fit best and will succeed.

This kid is a grand slam in this system. But Heup and staff knew that long ago.

VN Store

Back