Another theft inside the stadium

As others have alluded, the REALLY big thefts at Neyland have been perfectly „legal“ and involve Agents, ADs, bonuses, and payouts to fired coaches. We are talking 10s of millions of dollars pilfered in plain sight.

That too, but I was talking more about all the dollars the fans have spent to watch bad football inside that stadium over the last 13 years. The administration has taken our dollars and taken our dollars and we've gotten very little return on our investment.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
Just how are people getting their credit cards stolen in a crowd of 70,000 and no one noticing it?

Given the clowns stealing them are using the cards in places obviously with video, they're not that bright so how can they lift a card and not be seen?
clerks need to start asking for ID on big CC purchases

iu

AMEN !!!

We just bought new cameras for our barn (about 200 ft from the house) and they are crystal clear pictures.
4 wireless cameras at 3 megapixels (1080p) with receiver and 1 TB storage drive for less than $300.
1 TB holds almost 3 WEEKS of continuous HD footage.

Oh and most store owners argue that their system is CCTV, which only means it's closed circuit.
Hey folks - my cameras are on an individual discreet network with it's own passcode that only I know...can't get much more closed circuit than that.
Hey Indiana, that sounds like a system I’ve been looking for to provide security around my business property/warehouse. Can you share the make and model and where to get it?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Just how are people getting their credit cards stolen in a crowd of 70,000 and no one noticing it?

Given the clowns stealing them are using the cards in places obviously with video, they're not that bright so how can they lift a card and not be seen?

You’d be surprised to know that a very common way to steal something out of a purse is to use long barbecue tongs. Very quick in, out, and walk away. The victim doesent even notice.

My, my, you mean, it's not one of those disdained Memphis ghetto resident thugs!!?? Seriously, when ole Shirley and I went to Neyland or any crowded venue, we wore a leather or canvas fanny pack. All valuables were in it. But with the zipper side facing our front. And, a latch hooked short chain to both side rings. That way, you couldn't snatch and run or vanish into a teeming crowd, cause the pouch would still be secured to your pants. I've felt questionable bumps to my back side but never had the pouch belt undone. Nothing is 100% foolproof, but such precautions greatly reduce theft. Beyond that, as someone suggested, activate alert notices so you get email and text notifications of your card being used. You can stop further transaction efforts right away.

For the person who asked how a thief can lift a card without being seen with so many cameras about, here's a fact. Distraction and slight of hand. You'd be surprised how a trained thief can steal something right in front of you and you not even notice. Yes, there really are training sessions for such people and has been for centuries. Cameras make it harder, but it's still doable. I think in my college years, I saw a video about this. Memory is dim now, but I think it had to do with a rash of thefts on campus.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back