The Official Tennessee @ #11 Florida Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Horrible clock management. I don’t understand it. We beat ourselves in this game every year. Doesn’t matter the players or coaches.
The reason we drove up the field so quick is because rather than calling timeouts we did hurry up and caught Florida’s defense off guard. There was maybe one play I could’ve seen a timeout being a good idea. Overall very impressed with the playcalling on that drive.

Let's celebrate only being down 3 when we should be up 14[/QUOTE

Or tied, up by 3, or up by 6. It’s not an either or scenario. Vols are playing inspired ball, anything can happen 2nd half. We’ve seen how being out of it at the half has gone, let’s see how this plays out.

Hooker just isn’t a high IQ qb. He’s the “leader” and could’ve easily called the spike on a couple occasions. Of course he’s coached by a qb “guru” so you have to wonder why we waste so much time to settle for a sketchy kick with 2 timeouts in our pocket.

Can I be really impressed and pissed at the coaching at the same time? Guys are playing hard, obviously have been coached up this year. Clock management is atrocious.
I like Heupel, but that horse **** game management. Good grief.

Hooker just isn’t a high IQ qb. He’s the “leader” and could’ve easily called the spike on a couple occasions. Of course he’s coached by a qb “guru” so you have to wonder why we waste so much time to settle for a sketchy kick with 2 timeouts in our pocket.

He's doing what the coach wants him to do.

Reactions: MyVolsDropped
For those complaining about timeouts. You don't call timeouts in this scenario with this offense. If you do the advantage goes to the defense, this offense is designed to go fast with little time off the play clock. Execution could have been better, and a timeout before the kick wouldn't hurt. But overall, this is better than I expected for the first half.

It didn't work that way in 1996 so it's not accepted here.

Reactions: onecrazytj
Except he doesn’t believe in discipline. There’s no excuse 4 games in to be committing 7 penalties in a ****ing half!

Playing first game on the road I’m not surprised. It is tough having at least 3 of them 15 yd penalties. I’m surprised UF have practically none.

I'm sure Fla will pull away convincingly in 2nd half, but one can see the potential in this gameplan. If we weren't so sloppy we could really gash them I think. Hope for the future I think

VN Store

Back