Tennessee Modernizing Football Ticket Pricing Model Beginning in 2022

If they truly want to "modernize" ticket pricing, how about tying ticket price to on field performance? We supposedly live in a meritocracy right? Well how about instituting a fluctuating price structure based on how the team performed the season prior? They could net out a percentage increase/decrease based on our record. For example, if we finish 4-8, that means when netted out we would get a price decrease of 4%. If we go 0-12, we get a netted price decrease of 12%. If we finish 9-3, we get a netted price increase of 6%. 6-6 and it's a wash, so no increase or decrease. And so on and so forth.

I didn’t say charge nothing. It’s just a different way of thinking. Charge like $7 a win or something. Or do a sliding scale. The program isn’t exactly hurting and there are plenty of private donors that could easily put money in to hire a desired coach. Besides, what we’ve been doing hasn’t exactly been working. We will see with Heupel though. Maybe it’s all a moot point.
Money-wise the program isn't doing great. The reserve wasn't big to begin with and they ate a $40 million loss last year, after a half million dollar loss the previous year. It was already over $13 million a year in debt service so assuming they took out even more loans it's even less pretty. The only reason they would lower the ticket cost is if it would generate more sales, and the cost of the ticket itself is not a significant factor in the less than 100% attendance, so that's not happening.

Sounds to me like football stays basically the same since the "product" on the field has not changed (yet). But other ticket prices (b-ball, Softball, Baseball) will probably go up

“Since very early in my tenure here, I’ve been attuned to our need to offer increased fan access and also modernize and maximize the revenue opportunities at our athletic venues,” White said. “For sports like softball, baseball and basketball, we’ve been selling ourselves short. Those teams have performed at a level that has prompted demand, but opportunities for new ticket holders to join in has been too limited for too many of our fans.”

I have 2 seats of tickets in lower level E & F so will be interesting to see if they can be renewed in future. It is shown as totally students.

Reactions: Sara Clark
New AD is probably trying to maintain a revenue stream from our dying program.
Those who purchase season tickets do so to see and be seen. Not to watch competitive football games. Four SEC games and four cupcakes is not a very good entertainment package.
Before I gave up my season tickets I could not even give about half the tickets away every year.
Us grey hairs are giving up or dying off. Nobody enjoys watching games against OOC cupcakes. Not being competitive in the SEC and getting curb stomped by any team with a pulse has ceased to be fun. Tickets should be free to any who wish to watch such trash.

We need a better product on the field in Neyland stadium
It's a great idea to raise prices while the product on the field is horrible and you're scheduling the worst possible opponents (see the 2022 schedule). The parents of the players on the opposing non-conference teams aren't even interested in those games, but UT fans get to pay more to watch a horrible product.

When will more information regarding the deck be released? $2k seems pretty steep for what I'm under the assumption is standing room only above the north end zone, but I could see it being of intrigue if the lounge aspect is done well and there aren't too many tickets sold.

Money-wise the program isn't doing great. The reserve wasn't big to begin with and they ate a $40 million loss last year, after a half million dollar loss the previous year. It was already over $13 million a year in debt service so assuming they took out even more loans it's even less pretty. The only reason they would lower the ticket cost is if it would generate more sales, and the cost of the ticket itself is not a significant factor in the less than 100% attendance, so that's not happening.
Oh I know they aren’t lowering it. Costs pretty much don’t go down for anything.

Reactions: Plecoptera
When will more information regarding the deck be released? $2k seems pretty steep for what I'm under the assumption is standing room only above the north end zone, but I could see it being of intrigue if the lounge aspect is done well and there aren't too many tickets sold.
That open area with high top tables planned for the north upper deck is targeted at the 20 and 30 year old demographic. I think they have gotten studies & feedback that that is the type of area the yutes are interested in.

I did not see anything about grandfathered seats. I have 2 that I don’t have to make a donation for. Does anyone know if I get to keep them with no donation?

Reactions: Sara Clark
I did not see anything about grandfathered seats. I have 2 that I don’t have to make a donation for. Does anyone know if I get to keep them with no donation?
I don't know for sure, but my interpretation of it would be "no" based on the fact that they said everyone in similar sections will be paying the same price.

Reactions: JacketVol
I don't know for sure, but my interpretation of it would be "no" based on the fact that they said everyone in similar sections will be paying the same price.
From the article:
"Under this new and more equitable model, ticket holders seated in the same section of Neyland Stadium all will be paying the same, fair amount."

The grandfather seat exemption is now closing in to being in effect for almost 40 years. Time to end it finally.

VN Store

Back