Tennessee Modernizing Football Ticket Pricing Model Beginning in 2022

I got the email about it. I guess we will have to see how it plays out since not a lot of details were discussed besides general concepts (stadium upgrades, no donation for some areas, premium cost areas, etc.). I guess my employee no donation benefit just lost some value. If it gets more fans in the stadium, it is a good thing.

My seats were originally thru the Alumni Office. When the athletic dept confiscated control over over all tickets I was grandfathered in and did not have to make the donation to keep tickets. Based on the chart I have seen, my tickets will now cost 33% more ($600 vs $450). As a result I will likely drop the tickets after 40+ years, or at a minimum cut back the number.

Yeah, mine will go up a total of $500 for the pair.
I'm sad because this was my first year to be in a place to acquire season tickets. Next year I'll probably be priced out of being able to purchase them again.

It'll be interesting to see how this impacts the secondary market too.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Have to keep up with inflation right?

Edit: They should tie costs in to how many win we had the prior year. More wins equals higher cost but less wins equals lower cost.
That way if we suck, we can afford to hire worse coaches.

Donations, tickets, or reserve from previous seasons (which you don't build if you're charging peanuts for tickets and not getting donations).
I didn’t say charge nothing. It’s just a different way of thinking. Charge like $7 a win or something. Or do a sliding scale. The program isn’t exactly hurting and there are plenty of private donors that could easily put money in to hire a desired coach. Besides, what we’ve been doing hasn’t exactly been working. We will see with Heupel though. Maybe it’s all a moot point.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Basilio was saying that they are taking away the points system and the Big Money Folks are going to lose their mind. Also, you dont get ticket purchasing access to other events because you donated to football. You will have to donate to buy basketball, baseball, ect separate. This does not affect me but it is interesting.

VN Store

Back