Don’t fall for the Gator hype yet..

I think another thing about Dobbs that was valuable was that he rarely put his body at risk. I can only think of one time against App st he ever got rocked. There is a value in that imo.
Great point, I thought he had broken ribs on that goal line hit he took to the chest in that game. Dobbs was very good at deflecting the worst hits.

WHY do we have ****ing Gator fans on here telling us how much we suck? Do those limp dicks have anything better to do? They are obsessed with UT for some reason. It's bizarre. About 75% of UT football fans are gone. Check the attendance. Taking some sort of pride for beating a dead program is pathetic. Make sure you come back with your gator quips for bball season.

Yeah it's like us bragging about beating Vandy.

What? I never said we were better than Florida. I think you replied to the wrong comment or suffered a recent head injury which would explain several things in your post. Nothing you said could have logically stemmed from my comment about fans finding flaws with their team no matter the situation.
You are correct i quoted the wrong post... Oops my bad

Reactions: fossilfiction
Everyone is praising this Florida team now saying we will get killed. A Florida team that beat S. Florida by 22 points ( NC State beat them by 45..) What if Alabama isn’t really as good as advertised? They beat a Miami team who quite frankly was very overrated if you look at the last 2 games they’ve played. Mercer scored 14 points on Bama..! I’m not saying we are lighting it up but we’ve got a chance to compete in this game Saturday.
Quit reading at "what if Alabama isn't really as good as advertised".

Reactions: Frozevol
This is probably the worst talent gap we’ve had in a while and we’re playing in the swamp. Fans convince themselves that we have a chance then get pissed when we lose. We have no shot this year.
Yep. And I bet UF has more than 71 scholarship players on their team as well.

Look, UF has higher rated players and a full allotment of players. We are playing with both hands tied behind our backs. I wish fans would take a realistic view of what this year holds...Quit bashing players, QBs, WRs, coaches for this year. Let's allow the coaches to get all 85 scholarship players and a year under their belt before we start making unrealistic expectations on a young and short-handed squad in their first year of a whole new scheme on all sides of the ball.

I do not think any other coach we have had has stepped into this big of a mess their first year....

Our only hope is to stop the run and make them a passing team and create turnovers. On top of that we must run the ball effectively and score points without turnovers. Good luck

Reasonable. I would add we need the 1st stringers back healthy and playing hard/smart for this game (O-line, backs) plus penalties must not be critical and drive stopping. Same on D, penalties cannot be on pass plays that sustain a FL drive or deflate an "at times" tired D. We will need to pass and stretch the field... if our QB could lay a couple of passes near our receiver, a catch or PI flag would be of huge value. While you make your own luck, vs FL, we're due for a couple of breaks here and there.

Coach Hype talks about his offense looking for mismatches. It will be interesting during the early parts of the game to try and figure out what he thought was such... more interesting to know if our qb can actually find it during a play.

I'm not sure rain changes our offensive strategy. Who knows, it might shorten a long ball.

Im not sure if we played a clean, mistake free game that we would win. Im going to cheer hard for the guys and hope for a great game out of them. I have no expectations as this is a huge jump in competition and in a very tough environment. Im hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but I kinda know whats about to happen...

Our only hope is to stop the run and make them a passing team and create turnovers. On top of that we must run the ball effectively and score points without turnovers. Good luck
That's exactly what they will do to TN.
Plus looks like it may rain so typical fla/tn game - best rushing team and fewest turnovers win

I think the game will be closer than the score indicates, with depth, poor QB play, and being in the swamp making the difference, losing 41-27 style. I think we’re within a score at halftime, giving VNation hope, dashed by some crazy TOs and key penalties in the 3rd Q.

Ok, the OP talked me outta my funk. Heupel and this team are bout to flip the eastern division upside down, when we shock the gators Saturday night!
GBO!!

Reactions: volfan8
Some allow their pure hatred of Florida to cloud their judgment and common sense. And all fan bases do it, it’s part of fandom. So here are the options for person who truly hates Florida:

- When FL does something good, or looks good in any way, it’s because their competition is inferior or “that team played poorly.”

- When FL does something bad, or doesn’t look great, it’s a snap judgement that they’re awful.

So it’s a win-win for the Gator hater and a lose-lose for Florida.
Florida has had our number for basically 30 years. Even when we had more talent during the 90s and early 00s they routinely beat us, many times in a blowout. We have to face the fact they've had a better program for the last 30 years. We've won 6 times in that span

Reactions: Jaws
Looking forward to this game , I think it will be a very defensive game . Florida will have a can’t lose mentality because if they lose this game the East will be out of reach for them. Tennessee on the other hand will have to play smart mistake free football game and they can win it. All the pressure is on Florida , I really like our chances.
GOVOLS!!!!

Reactions: volfan8

VN Store

Back