Neyland Stadium

They need to tear it down and build something with a retractable roof to hold the sound in and smoky gray turf so the players will be better motivated. Also need four jumbotrons so people don’t have to twist their necks to watch replays, better WiFi, and at least quadruple toilet capacity. Do all that and win some meaningful games and things will get rocking.

I've always thought the jumbotron removed some of the excitement ince it was installed. Its been 15+ years of crap AD's and coaches that have removed our home field advantage

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Oh sure, a billion dollars should do it.

More like 1.5 billion to 1.8 billion after including demo and site preparation on a very difficult site. The next 100 year solution might be relocating Frat row to Terrace Ave and building a new stadium at that former Frat row location. As for Neyland, remove upper deck, all seating, and north end zone completely and repurpose original masonry stadium (old Stadium dorm area under the seating as originally designed by Neyland himself) with the field area for future academic structure incorporating remanents from the old stadium. Once you go over a billion, you gotta go big.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
They need to tear it down and build something with a retractable roof to hold the sound in and smoky gray turf so the players will be better motivated. Also need four jumbotrons so people don’t have to twist their necks to watch replays, better WiFi, and at least quadruple toilet capacity. Do all that and win some meaningful games and things will get rocking.
Blue font?

Bizarro Thread.

Y'all know that UT's teams have been less than stellar these last 20 years, right? Is this where we are, blaming fans in attendance for crappy teams?

As long as us fans keep supporting the program no matter what (and we will), nothing will change. As long as we spend the $$$ (and we will) the powers that be don't give a crap about the quality of our football program.

Why isn’t Neyland a HUGE home field advantage? It doesn’t seem like it has been for decades…

I was there in 1996 at the gator/ Vol game and they just kicked our ass… pretty much been that way since I can remember…
what gives?

Tennessee’s opponents are often more excited to play there than Tennessee players.

The crowd contributed enough energy and noise during the PITT game. The team has to match the intensity . The home field advantage is better when the team is good.

I do think the team played hard in the game, they just didn't play smart and made tons of mistakes that cost us the game.

The level of play hasn't been the problem.

2015 OK and 2016 Florida were some of the best crowds/atmospheres seen in Neyland but that seems so long ago now.

Nothing under the Pruitt era came close to that. However, it is interesting to remember UT finished the 2019 season on a 5 game winning streak and ranked #25 in the final rankings at 8-5 after the bowl game. They also enter the 2020 season 2-0 and after they walloped mizzou 35-12, UT reached #21 in the nation after week 2. And that was JUST LAST SEASON. Also a distant memory.

Goes to show you that UT is always just a few wins away from national conversation and contention. If we somehow pull out the Pitt game last week, we are most likely Top 25 come Monday.

Reactions: spyfish007
It was rocking whenever I was there in 2015 against OU and 2016 Florida, at least the 2nd half was.

It was rocking whenever I was there in 2015 against OU and 2016 Florida, at least the 2nd half was.
Typically there are 3 or 4 games a year that can get Neyland fired up. Alabama, Georgia, Florida and a blue chip OOC.

The good years set the tone that Neyland won’t be electric for the likes of SC, KY, Vandy and other scrub teams.

This year’s schedule has Alabama and Florida on the road, leaving Georgia and Pitt as the games for Neyland to be electric. From what I could tell the fans that were able to make it to the Pitt game were getting loud, it was still just Pitt.

1. When the team sucks every year there is no energy around the program thus making the environment not fun, the fans not show up or loud when they do.

2. Our admin is too stupid to understand that the GameDay environment lacks not because of what the stadium is or is not, but because of their own ineptitude of managing the program the team on the field has sucked for 13yrs straight. So these idiots try to manufacture an exciting game day with gimmicks and other idiotic crap because our AD has no clue what a program like TN is all about.

3. Further. Our idiot administration is set on ruining Neyland. If you did not now. They want to make Neyland into an 80,000 seat stadium that feels more like a pro stadium than a college.

Why?
A)MONEY.
B)They think our GameDay experience sucks because we don't have these fancy upgrades because they're too stupid to understand it's actually the product on the field.

Our administration has not only destroyed the program, but they are now dead set on destroying the house that Neyland built. Our history and traditions mean nothing to these money chasing suits. They will sell the soul of TN football and destroy its chapel for monetary gain. Soon, if you crave a college football experience you will have travel to away games because you will no longer have that option at TN.

Think about it. You think Michigan would reduce the size of the Big House? Think they'll take a section and turn it into a bar with corporate seating? Think Notre Dame will do that? What about Penn State at Happy Valley? There were 110k+ in Happy Valley tonight with an electric atmosphere. Did they need these gimmicks and corporate bars?

No, but our idiot AD and administration doesn't understand what made TN special or why college football is different. They're dead set on turning Neyland into a pro stadium to complete the dismantling of the program physical brick by physical brick.

1. When the team sucks every year there is no energy around the program thus making the environment not fun, the fans not show up or loud when they do.

2. Our admin is too stupid to understand that the GameDay environment lacks not because of what the stadium is or is not, but because of their own ineptitude of managing the program the team on the field has sucked for 13yrs straight. So these idiots try to manufacture an exciting game day with gimmicks and other idiotic crap because our AD has no clue what a program like TN is all about.

3. Further. Our idiot administration is set on ruining Neyland. If you did not now. They want to make Neyland into an 80,000 seat stadium that feels more like a pro stadium than a college.

Why?
A)MONEY.
B)They think our GameDay experience sucks because we don't have these fancy upgrades because they're too stupid to understand it's actually the product on the field.

Our administration has not only destroyed the program, but they are now dead set on destroying the house that Neyland built. Our history and traditions mean nothing to these money chasing suits. They will sell the soul of TN football and destroy its chapel for monetary gain. Soon, if you crave a college football experience you will have travel to away games because you will no longer have that option at TN.

Think about it. You think Michigan would reduce the size of the Big House? Think they'll take a section and turn it into a bar with corporate seating? Think Notre Dame will do that? What about Penn State at Happy Valley? There were 110k+ in Happy Valley tonight with an electric atmosphere. Did they need these gimmicks and corporate bars?

No, but our idiot AD and administration doesn't understand what made TN special or why college football is different. They're dead set on turning Neyland into a pro stadium to complete the dismantling of the program physical brick by physical brick.
The stadium needs to be modernized. The South upper deck is a POS. The bathrooms are a POS. 80000 is plenty big and loud enough.

BTW, Penn St did something extremely gimmicky today with their nouveau "white out"

The crowd is mostly blue hairs still there because of the glory days and people with kids out for a social event. The students try to care but let's be real, the product on the field has been garbage their entire lives. You still get phenomenal fan support at Thompson Boling Arena which offers a substantial home court advantage. Even Lindsey Nelson was rocking last season, especially in the postseason.

The stadium needs to be modernized. The South upper deck is a POS. The bathrooms are a POS. 80000 is plenty big and loud enough.

BTW, Penn St did something extremely gimmicky today with their nouveau "white out"
Penn St. Has been doing the white-out for a while.

Reactions: SoddyAllVol

Im ok with modernization, not greedy monetization. So we need to take the upper deck and cut down fan seating so we can have corporate sponsors enjoy a bar area? TN showing who is important. 80k is a joke, I am embarrassed we have fans like you who think silly thoughts like this. Our stadium size is a competitive advantage. It was designed by General Neyland himself! I am a believer in the common fan, even though I am fortunate enough to afford the finer things in life I do no believe increasing luxury amenities by cutting Joe out of the equation. I'd prefer to have an electric COLLEGE environment. If I want a professional experience I'll go to a Titans game.

Reactions: SoddyAllVol
Im ok with modernization, not greedy monetization. So we need to take the upper deck and cut down fan seating so we can have corporate sponsors enjoy a bar area? TN showing who is important. 80k is a joke, I am embarrassed we have fans like you who think silly thoughts like this. Our stadium size is a competitive advantage. It was designed by General Neyland himself! I am a believer in the common fan, even though I am fortunate enough to afford the finer things in life I do no believe increasing luxury amenities by cutting Joe out of the equation. I'd prefer to have an electric COLLEGE environment. If I want a professional experience I'll go to a Titans game.
80000 isn't a joke. I'm not as thin skinned and triggered you. 100000 doesn't generate any more of an advantage than 80000. Your comment had no relevance to the Joe's of the world. We raised prices a long time ago to pay for being in the biggest d**k contest, something you obviously care about it or you wouldn't have mentioned how you can afford the finer things in life. 80000 isn't a joke. You are

80000 isn't a joke. I'm not as thin skinned and triggered you. 100000 doesn't generate any more of an advantage than 80000. Your comment had no relevance to the Joe's of the world. We raised prices a long time ago to pay for being in the biggest d**k contest, something you obviously care about it or you wouldn't have mentioned how you can afford the finer things in life. 80000 isn't a joke. You are

Lol your attempt to insult me doesn't make sense genius. 80,000 is a joke. If you had a brain you would know that the majority of AD revenue comes from TV contracts. Further, if you had a brain you would understand that remodeling how you want will only result in increased prices again. But you clearly aren't smart enough to understand that you contradict yourself because you are so thin skinned you are attack someone on the internet because their opinion is different. Good job Mr. Contradiction

Lol your attempt to insult me doesn't make sense genius. 80,000 is a joke. If you had a brain you would know that the majority of AD revenue comes from TV contracts. Further, if you had a brain you would understand that remodeling how you want will only result in increased prices again. But you clearly aren't smart enough to understand that you contradict yourself because you are so thin skinned you are attack someone on the internet because their opinion is different. Good job Mr. Contradiction
I never specified remodeling, so how would you know what I want? I know where the revenue comes from, Einstein. That why reducing capacity by getting rid of old and outdated seating isn't an issue. 80000 isn't a joke but I suppose it is for people like you who think biggest is best.

BTW, you started up with the insults. I just responded by telling the truth about you. Run along now

VN Store

Back