What will the new LNS capacity be?

That all, Wagon, Slims…seems closed now based on google…that sucks.

No Sir. I am saying regardless of the Covid restriction policies, in the early part of the year, starting with LSU, we wouldn’t have had 2,500 people that weekend at any one game. If you go all the way down to the final game in Knoxville we didn’t have 5000 people.

If we have sustained success, maybe we can fill an 8000 seat stadium in the future, but CTV and Co. have work to do there too. I am not poo poo’ing it, just saying…in ‘95 we hosted 5000+ according to UT. But we all know, once that’s the expectation, less people show up in the regular season…IF the product isn’t the same. We aren’t LSU…yet. So building it in stages is perfectly fine.
Ok I gotcha but I would argue we would’ve had as many as they would’ve let in for the Supers. We were capped by a sore excuse of increasing capacity with the little league bleachers we brought in. I personally think topping out at 7k down the road is plenty. Allows us to have a top 10-15 capacity while still keeping the intimacy.

Reactions: vol66
They’re price testing on the different types of seating options. For example, click that you’re interested in a suite, the next questions will be about the price you’re willing to pay and how many years are you willing to commit to that. Same thing for different types of seating. Because there is a back arrow, you can go and change your responses.

They’re price testing on the different types of seating options. For example, click that you’re interested in a suite, the next questions will be about the price you’re willing to pay and how many years are you willing to commit to that. Same thing for different types of seating. Because there is a back arrow, you can go and change your responses.

Yeah, I'd prefer less of a focus on premium seating, but I'm just one of the little guys.

Reactions: tbwhhs and @1RBFjr
Ok I gotcha but I would argue we would’ve had as many as they would’ve let in for the Supers. We were capped by a sore excuse of increasing capacity with the little league bleachers we brought in. I personally think topping out at 7k down the road is plenty. Allows us to have a top 10-15 capacity while still keeping the intimacy.

I s’pose that’s right…that time…the last time was ‘95, sooooo, yeah, lots of people wanted to experience winning, and a lot couldn’t have told you a players’ name or explain a bunt @txbo. 😬

Reactions: txbo
I s’pose that’s right…that time…the last time was ‘95, sooooo, yeah, lots of people wanted to experience winning, and a lot couldn’t have told you a players’ name or explain a bunt @txbo. 😬

LMAO! No one should ever have to witness a bunt.

Reactions: td23 and vol66
This is what I put in the “anything else you’d like to add” question. Don’t know how you guys feel about it being entirely geared around premium seating.. but here were my thoughts.

Baseball is the power sport right now at the University of Tennessee. The fans are already there. Don’t alienate them by making the entire stadium a premium experience like you’re trying to do with football since theres 20,000 empty seats every game. It’s because the football team is garbage. You could have wooden bleachers and we’d still show up for a winning product. It’s not rocket science. We just want to win. Wrap some seats around all of LNS and we will show up and show out. God bless.

This is what I put in the “anything else you’d like to add” question. Don’t know how you guys feel about it being entirely geared around premium seating.. but here were my thoughts.

Baseball is the power sport right now at the University of Tennessee. The fans are already there. Don’t alienate them by making the entire stadium a premium experience like you’re trying to do with football since theres 20,000 empty seats every game. It’s because the football team is garbage. You could have wooden bleachers and we’d still show up for a winning product. It’s not rocket science. We just want to win. Wrap some seats around all of LNS and we will show up and show out. God bless.

Sounds good to me. I think they’ll get some interesting responses in the “anything else” section.

Sounds good to me. I think they’ll get some interesting responses in the “anything else” section.
Probably. I just don’t get Danny’s push towards premium experiences. The average fan can’t afford that, and most that can don’t really care for it. I spent the entire super regionals standing on top of a table down the right field line, had the time of my life. Winning matters, comfort doesn’t.

Probably. I just don’t get Danny’s push towards premium experiences. The average fan can’t afford that, and most that can don’t really care for it. I spent the entire super regionals standing on top of a table down the right field line, had the time of my life. Winning matters, comfort doesn’t.

Yeah, everything in those price ranges seem unrealistic for a guy like me, but I did say, “I will buy season tix if I can get them on the 1B/RF line.”

I asked that they keep it affordable for families.

I don’t need all the fancy stuff, but we wanted them to keep CTV and many here want upgrades to the stadium so you gotta pay for it somehow, right?

In a relatively short amount of time we’ve gone from smoke signals to seeing every game. Whatever it takes folks, whatever it takes.

GBO!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, everything in those price ranges seem unrealistic for a guy like me, but I did say, “I will buy season tix if I can get them on the 1B/RF line.”

I asked that they keep it affordable for families.

I don’t need all the fancy stuff, but we wanted them to keep CTV and many here want upgrades to the stadium so you gotta pay for it somehow, right?

In a relatively short amount of time we’ve gone from smoke signals to seeing every game. Whatever it takes folks, whatever it takes.

GBO!!!

The way the survey went makes me think there's going to be little "in-between" on seating.

$5000 for a 4 seat table is insane considering early season weather and fewer midweek games once the weather does improve
$5000 for a "basic" open air suite (roof, with open windows) in the outfield makes more sense

Pricing at that level will make these "corporate" seats filled with a constantly rotating clientale who don't give a damn about UT baseball.

Tower suites seats in the outfield seem to be in the cards. Those are the exact type of suites that should be "open" to the elements with a top level/tier that would be like the porch seats now.

Not sure who he is or his relationship to Tennessee however I sure do appreciate his generous gift to the program! 👍

He is an alum

The facility is named after lead donor Larry Pratt, whose love for Tennessee athletics began at a young age, when his father, Floyd, brought him to various sporting events at Neyland Stadium, Alumni Gym and Stokely Athletics Center.

In the 1990s, Pratt honored his father by creating an endowed scholarship in his name as a member of the Nathan Dougherty Society. Larry Pratt also was recognized at the 2003 Tennessee-Georgia football game for a $1 million donation to the STEP-UP Campaign.

A native of Athens, Tennessee, Pratt currently resides in McLean, Virginia. He graduated from the University of Tennessee in 1973 with a degree from the College of Business and serves as chairman and CEO of First Savings Mortgage Corporation, which he founded in Washington, D.C. in 1988.

Pratt’s $5 million commitment in April 2006, along with 341 other individual contributors through the Campaign for Tennessee Basketball, made Pratt Pavilion possible.

VN Store

Back