What will the new LNS capacity be?

Yep. So I looked at last years attendance for the Saturday games versus VU (2000+) and LSU (3000+), so we have time, if we had 8000 or even 6000 this year, it would seem pretty empty most of the time, which you know, LSU even looks that way most of the season, so I mean, that’s what we can expect too.

Do you remember what the covid restrictions were at that time? Seems like we weren't allowed full capacity until the Arkansas series.

Do you remember what the covid restrictions were at that time? Seems like we weren't allowed full capacity until the Arkansas series.

That’s correct, but I recall Corbin saying something like Covid doesn’t exist in Knoxville. I am not totally positive on that though.

My recollection was the season started at like 50% but they gradually opened up before going to 100% for Arkansas.

That’s correct, but I recall Corbin saying something like Covid doesn’t exist in Knoxville. I am not totally positive on that though.

My recollection was the season started at like 50% but they gradually opened up before going to 100% for Arkansas.

Yeah, the stated cap for the Vandy series was 50% (although the stated numbers suggest it was closer to 60%), and increased to full for Arky.

Reactions: txbo and vol66

Though I don’t remember the exact percentage, it was far less than 50% at the beginning of the season. No other set of tickets was within about six feet of another set of tickets.

Except for last minute seats opening up, there were no individual game tickets for sale.

Reactions: txbo and vol66
Though I don’t remember the exact percentage, it was far less than 50% at the beginning of the season. No other set of tickets was within about six feet of another set of tickets.

Except for last minute seats opening up, there were no individual game tickets for sale.

LSU topping out at 1200+, the middle game barely 1000…

next series was UF topping out at 1500+

By the time VU rolled around, it was twice what it was for LSU.

Last edited:
LSU

UF

VU

UK

Arky

Culminating at the last game of the Supers vs LSU…

4427 + a few hundred at the watch party outside the stadium. This is the most important game going back how many years?

Yep. So I looked at last years attendance for the Saturday games versus VU (2000+) and LSU (3000+), so we have time, if we had 8000 or even 6000 this year, it would seem pretty empty most of the time, which you know, LSU even looks that way most of the season, so I mean, that’s what we can expect too.
Are you saying we had 2000+ and 3000+ in attendance for those games? Because if so, we have to take into account the limited capacity restrictions. Vandy was the first series that was 50% and Arkansas first series of 100%. I may be misunderstanding what you’re saying because LSU had 4400 for the Saturday Super.

Reactions: vol66
Are you saying we had 2000+ and 3000+ in attendance for those games? Because if so, we have to take into account the limited capacity restrictions. Vandy was the first series that was 50% and Arkansas first series of 100%. I may be misunderstanding what you’re saying because LSU had 4400 for the Saturday Super.

No Sir. I am saying regardless of the Covid restriction policies, in the early part of the year, starting with LSU, we wouldn’t have had 2,500 people that weekend at any one game. If you go all the way down to the final game in Knoxville we didn’t have 5000 people.

If we have sustained success, maybe we can fill an 8000 seat stadium in the future, but CTV and Co. have work to do there too. I am not poo poo’ing it, just saying…in ‘95 we hosted 5000+ according to UT. But we all know, once that’s the expectation, less people show up in the regular season…IF the product isn’t the same. We aren’t LSU…yet. So building it in stages is perfectly fine.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Put another way, if we started out 5-11 in SEC play could we get 9000+ out to a game as it stands right now, even if we had the stadium to hold that many folks? I don’t think so either.

Oh, those attendance numbers are provided by UT in the box scores.

That’s how many people LSU had for game 1 vs. Ole Miss…how ya doing 67?

I’m all good 66. Been in NorCal for work for over two months. Heading back to Miami FLA next week. Hoping to get to San Diego before I head back.

How you been?

I’m all good 66. Been in NorCal for work for over two months. Heading back to Miami FLA next week. Hoping to get to San Diego before I head back.

How you been?

Nice! I’m good man, moving and shaking. Hit the Tonga Room before ya leave!

Reactions: NorCalVol67
Nice! I’m good man, moving and shaking. Hit the Tonga Room before ya leave!

Oh man, I’ve only been to the city once and it was brief. Been hanging out in Berkeley and Oakland. Just before I moved away, a friend was in town and she had never been to the Tonga Room, so I had to take her there after not wanting to wait for a spot at the Top of the Mark. Love that place. I think we’ve talked about it before.

Oh man, I’ve only been to the city once and it was brief. Been hanging out in Berkeley and Oakland. Just before I moved away, a friend was in town and she had never been to the Tonga Room, so I had to take her there after not wanting to wait for a spot at the Top of the Mark. Love that place. I think we’ve talked about it before.

We have talked about T.O.M. before…one of these days I hope.

So, did she dive into the pool at The Tonga?

Wow, I haven’t heard String Cheese Incident in a long time!

Yeah the San Fran Club as far as Bottom of the Hill…is the Covered Wagon still there as well?

Wow, I haven’t heard String Cheese Incident in a long time!

Yeah the San Fran Club as far as Bottom of the Hill…is the Covered Wagon still there as well?

Bottom of the Hill is still there, great place. I don’t know Covered Wagon.

VN Store

Back