Everything Josh Heupel said Wednesday on SEC Coaches Teleconference (9/15/21)

Heupel definitely makes it hard to read the tea leaves, but Milton playing Saturday does not sound too promising at this point

Reactions: Sara Clark
If that turns out to be the case, I'm curious to see if they dial up any deep plays for him. See if he is capable of stretching the field some.

Lord help us if he can't, it's Tennessee Tech. They're currently 6th in the OVC, and have given up 846 yards of offense in their first two games against Samford and Furman.

Lord help us if he can't, it's Tennessee Tech. They're currently 6th in the OVC, and have given up 846 yards of offense in their first two games against Samford and Furman.

I'm not worried about Hooker running up yards or points. Just want to know if he is able to open up more of the playbook. See what his arm is beyond 15-20 yards.

I'm not worried about Hooker running up yards or points. Just want to know if he is able to open up more of the playbook. See what his arm is beyond 15-20 yards.
So is it better to have a QB (Hooker) that is more shifty and can get you yards running the RPO but maybe not hit the long passes. Or is it better to have a Qb (Milton) who is not as shifty running the ball and will definitely miss the deep passes?

So is it better to have a QB (Hooker) that is more shifty and can get you yards running the RPO but maybe not hit the long passes. Or is it better to have a Qb (Milton) who is not as shifty running the ball and will definitely miss the deep passes?

No idea. Reason 187 I am not a college coach.

If that turns out to be the case, I'm curious to see if they dial up any deep plays for him. See if he is capable of stretching the field some.
They didn’t believe he could throw outside the hash marks other than a bubble screen last week..

it would be nice to let Milton "rest" the extra week.

Hooker in 1st half vs T Tech
Bailey in 2nd half.

See if they separate from the pack. And if they don't, Florida must prepare for 3 QBs.
i-like-think.gif

They didn’t believe he could throw outside the hash marks other than a bubble screen last week..

Very short field in the second half last game. That's why I am curious to see how they handle the playbook if/when he plays this week.

See I’m worried about the other side of the equation.

If Milton goes out and lights it up he’ll cement himself in the position no matter his play. Which begs the question: Will Hooker only play if Milton can’t?

Reactions: Sara Clark

looks like that is where we are at, but in today’s college football you must to have a QB that does both

See I’m worried about the other side of the equation.

If Milton goes out and lights it up he’ll cement himself in the position no matter his play. Which begs the question: Will Hooker only play if Milton can’t?

Shouldn't that be expected though? If Milton doesn't light it up, it's not going to be because of Tech's play, it will be because he's still overthrowing wide open receivers. If he's hitting actually them, then that would indicate, at least to some degree, an improvement over the last two weeks, when he was overthrowing against BG just as bad as he was Pitt.

VN Store

Back