Poll: Who starts Saturday?

Poll: Who starts Saturday?

• Total voters
My insider texted me from the golf course while I was in a business meeting and said Milton. I'd say that its a 100% chance that Milton may or may not start Saturday.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I picked Milton. Not because he’s the better QB. Heup has a thing for his 80 yard arm and he’s the practice National Champion QB. Maybe within the next 3 years it’ll translate to the game but until then we should all come to terms with the fact that Heup is a QB whisperer. So far I think he’s whispering “overthrow it or throw it 100mph”.

If I'm not mistaken Milton was 50 something % completion in high school.
Three years at Michigan 56% and in none of those 3 was he ever in the 60's.
Against a bad Bowling Green he was below 50% and for us so far barely above 50%.
I doubt he has ever had a college game where he was in the 60's (could be wrong just speculating but can look it up).
I have no reason to think he will ever be more than somewhere in mid 50's % completion.
I think either Hooker or Bailey will give us mid 60's to maybe 70%.
I just don't see how you stick with the worst passer of 3 scholarship players.

I feel like they have seen him connect on these plays during practice, otherwise there is no logical reason why they would continue to call them.

All of the people covering the team have stated that there was no QB controversy amongst the team coming out of camp. It was a clear cut decision on who was better.

So, does he have the yips? Does his practice play not translate to the game, a-la JG? I don't know, but it appears that Heupel is going to continue to ride him, and at this point, I think we should all just hope he starts to connect on these passes. The staff clearly thinks he is the guy that can win them games. Such is life.

I think on the short stuff it happens so quick he just reacts. On the long throws I think he’s over thinking it.

If Milton plays one more snap, it's too much. The sample size has been given and he can't make the throw. Move on.

Against B.G., all three of the QBs should have gotten to play some imo. Waiting too late against Pitt cost us the game. Heupel's hard headedness confounds me. I'm not a football coach though. But I am someone who fixes problems quickly for a living. And there's the Holiday Inn thing too.
Rarely any team in football plays 3 qbs. Stop with the fan stuff

If I'm not mistaken Milton was 50 something % completion in high school.
Three years at Michigan 56% and in none of those 3 was he ever in the 60's.
Against a bad Bowling Green he was below 50% and for us so far barely above 50%.
I doubt he has ever had a college game where he was in the 60's (could be wrong just speculating but can look it up).
I have no reason to think he will ever be more than somewhere in mid 50's % completion.
I think either Hooker or Bailey will give us mid 60's to maybe 70%.
I just don't see how you stick with the worst passer of 3 scholarship players.
These coaches see these kids practice and they decided Bailey was the 3rd best. We don't see practice and if you don't perform in practice you're not playing

So he will be drafted this season but can't complete the deep ball and we are discussing him possibly being benched, but now he may get drafted? That means UT probably wins the East...... I'll take it!!
Whoa nelly.... Milton doesn't strike me as giving a **** about UT guy. He's only here for some exposure.

Reactions: VOLnBama01
I voted Hooker because he is the one I think should start. That being said I am pretty sure Milton will get the start.

We not gonna win with Milton.

Unless we are on the 15 yard line on our side of the field and need a hail-merry!

Reactions: VOLnBama01
It is more than just overthrowing deep balls, it is his mechanics that cause those overthrows and he has been doing it for 4 years in high school, many at the college level and what we have is an extremely gifted athlete that never developed the footwork and throwing mechanics, he is raw and so far no one has been able to fix him, if it is even possible at this point. I am not sure he thinks he has a problem, but like everyone else here, I really don't know him or what his issues are, but he needs to either get it together or take a seat on the bench.

Bailey is not getting a fair shake here and if they are not going to give him playing time he should transfer to a school that wants a pro style QB.

JH thinks they can develop Milton even though Mich couldn't.

Trust JH, but not as much as we all trusted Baldar.

VN Store

Back