Maurer Transferring - Official

Apparently, Milton hits on a good percentage of those deep balls in practice. It has to be frustrating as hell for coaches and teammates when it doesn't happen at all in games.
I bet and it's probably frustrating for Milton also. At the end of the day the coach has to do what's best for the team and if the next guy up that may not have all the upside but able to move the ball and put points on the board, you got to roll with him well unless you're Pruitt

Go back and watch his starts and get back to us if this statement is true. Maurer is noticeably MUCH faster, More agile and a much better passer than Milton. And he proved it against much better competition than Bowling Green and Pitt. No one has to like it but it’s entirely possible that UTs most capable qb just hit the portal.
You may actually be right here!.......well, except that last sentence!

No one was given an opportunity with Pruitt. Simple as that. With Heupel, I think he guilty of the same things most of us are. He’s so enamored with the physical upside of Milton that he’s willing to take a shot to see if he can make him a qb. Right now, I’m personally not seeing it and it’s hard to believe it’s any different in practice. Those two facts make me think that Heupel knew from day one of Milton signing who his qb was going to be. JMO
i might agree with all of this. it certainly seems that way!

Go back and watch his starts and get back to us if this statement is true. Maurer is noticeably MUCH faster, More agile and a much better passer than Milton. And he proved it against much better competition than Bowling Green and Pitt. No one has to like it but it’s entirely possible that UTs most capable qb just hit the portal.
Honestly, I think you might be right. I though all through summer that his similarities to Gabriel meant he was the darkhorse for the job, and then he just left. He's much better suited for this type of offense than any of the guys currently on the roster.

Yea he really wasn’t that good and was concussion prone his hype got built up after that Georgia game and we still lost by 30 nearly. I wish JT Shrout would’ve stayed he was the better QB IMO.
Shrout would have flourished in this offense. He had a cannon of a arm and really came on in is 3rd year.

Honestly, I think you might be right. I though all through summer that his similarities to Gabriel meant he was the darkhorse for the job, and then he just left. He's much better suited for this type of offense than any of the guys currently on the roster.
I really wish people would understand that he didn’t just leave. That kid has never quit a single thing in his entire life and he should’ve proved it by dealing with Pruitt and never leaving. I just wish everyone would understand that there’s more to the story that I can’t say. Just know Brian Maurer did not quit on you

I really wish people would understand that he didn’t just leave. That kid has never quit a single thing in his entire life and he should’ve proved it by dealing with Pruitt and never leaving. I just wish everyone would understand that there’s more to the story that I can’t say. Just know Brian Maurer did not quit on you
That may be, and probably is true. But I'm not trying to say he ran off. I'm just saying one day he's with the program and the next, he's gone. Early returns on our new head man are not looking promising, that's for sure. I've seen all these red flags before.

That may be, and probably is true. But I'm not trying to say he ran off. I'm just saying one day he's with the program and the next, he's gone. Early returns on our new head man are not looking promising, that's for sure. I've seen all these red flags before.
Heupel is human. I personally think he made a mistake. But that doesn’t make me right. I know Brian is immature and sometimes hard to deal with but that doesn’t change the fact that he was the most rounded qb in that room.

Reactions: 4chrissy
Im pretty much convinced Heupel isn't playing anyone else. I'm also starting to think there was never a qb competition and it has been Milton from the beginning. To me that is dirty and the kids that came here deserve better than that. But what really irritates me is the whole " we believe in all of the guys " quote. He never gave them a chance. I am torn with this a bit.

I’m waiting for the dust to settle and then we’ll see. There’s plenty I want to say about Pruitt as well that I’ve been quiet on for over a year now.

As far as the talent belief, let me give you some things to think about that may or may not give you a different perspective that this isn’t as simple as “he’s the least talented of the 4”. Brian was heavily recruited by Heupel at UCF, Just like Milton. He’s the fastest of the 4 on a team that isn’t expected to have a great o line. He has the second strongest arm next to Milton. He’s the most explosive from a dead stop and he’s probably the best of the 4 at throwing on the run. All things that will be needed at some point. His downfall? He’s immature. He hasn’t learned to let things bead up and roll off his back yet. Doesn’t know how to choose his battles. Wears his emotions on his sleeve and sometimes doesn’t know when to just shut up. Take that as a hint or take it as an excuse but out of respect for him and Heupel I’ll keep the details to myself but Brian did this to himself. Not talent related.

Fair.

Reactions: rocytop2624
You can check my posts I wanted mauer to be the starter bad We would easily be 2-0 with much more pass yards and tds… Mauer is a much better runner than Milton and he has shown to be much more accurate in his starts… in this system Mauer would’ve been all sec type of player… wish he woulda stuck it out but I understand his decision… I’m a vol at heart and always root for whoever is on the field but I really believe Mauer was the best choice.

I understand your desire to protect a friend. But, Implying there is some sinister behind-the-scenes story involving a new coach and then declining to tell it because “you just can’t” is a cheap shot.

Either come straight out and say Heupel is not an honorable guy or drop all of the intrigue.

I think Maurer left cause Heupel couldn’t give him a straight answer of where he was at in the competition. I think if Heupel said “Milton is the starter but you can compete for backup” he would have stayed on.

I didn’t know his mother was on VN. But honestly, this is an all around absurd take. When we saw Maurer last he looked scared to death and completely incapable.

I didn’t know his mother was on VN. But honestly, this is an all around absurd take. When we saw Maurer last he looked scared to death and completely incapable.
Hence the word “starts”. Because in football the qb position is the only position that there is only one of and therefore only one prepared. Not so absurd. Actual fact

VN Store

Back