Hendon Hooker-Starter?

Hooker drove us down the field and scored. Milton did not. That is the difference, IMO. When I play football on PS3, if I have a QB that cannot lead an offense down the field, I make the substitution.
So you substitute someone in for yourself playing the game? Pretty smart.

No guru here, but a little common sense. 2 games in with 2 week prep for florida.
First off CJH might have a delima in that now that tape is out there, the deep ball is a concern. As we all have seen, when your unable to hit a deep throw, load the box and stop the run starts occurring. HH can only manage 7-10 yard throws. Now put 8 in the box and probably his percentage drops. Milton, same thing. Why drop 8 when chances man to man will work.
Harrison B. Is a great passer but 0 escapablity at this point.
Just me, I would prepare 2, who is hot at how the game is being played? Still greatly excited, at the way the boys play!

THIS is where we are when Milton is on the field for sure. Our running game this past weekend has been exposed. There's a scary stat out there that demonstrates if you take the one long run by Milton and one long run by Hooker out of the statistics (give credit to another poster in a different thread), our entire rushing yardage ended up 30 some odd attempts for less than 60 yards. That ain't good, That shows how the box was being stuffed. We're hosed in SEC play if DCs can lay a template down and beat us week in and week out and for now it looks like they can.

Yo
No. That isn't the same by his logic. A Vol fan is a fan of the team. Nowhere in there does it make you a fan of ****y, supposed fans.

Show your work on your "by your logic" logic.
If nonsense were valuable you would be rich and famous because you’re a champion of it.

The INT by Hooker was just a real bad spot. If you bench every QB that throws an INT on the final drive of the game, you’re going to be out of QB’s, across all of football, real quick. That’s just a terrible metric for a “next man up” attitude.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
THIS is where we are when Milton is on the field for sure. Our running game this past weekend has been exposed. There's a scary stat out there that demonstrates if you take the one long run by Milton and one long run by Hooker out of the statistics (give credit to another poster in a different thread), our entire rushing yardage ended up 30 some odd attempts for less than 60 yards. That ain't good, That shows how the box was being stuffed. We're hosed in SEC play if DCs can lay a template down and beat us week in and week out and for now it looks like they can.
You are correct. Being one dimensional in this offensive scheme is a recipe for disaster. That is why CJH’s offense is actually more successful when it is pretty much a fifty fifty ratio run to pass.

You mean other than not earning it and not offering anything in the run game, right? Not sure why you guys feel compelled to use any mistake or bad play by one of the others to declare Bailey the messiah... but he apparently isn't. I admit I'm curious to see if he could play better. But he's got to earn it. And right now, lack of mobility wouldn't help him or the Vols.

You are looking for reasons. Hooker came in relief having had no better than 30% of the practice reps. No. It wasn't "laughably" bad. He threw deep middle and didn't account for the safety. Happens every week to very good starting QB's.

His biggest mistake if he had the option was not pulling the ball and running it in on that 4th and goal play. But again... not as bad as you portray for a guy coming in with light practice reps and a gameplan designed for someone else.

Does it not even occur to you when you start ripping other Vols that you've ceased to be a Vol fan and started being the fan of a particular player?
You spoke of how little reps Hooker had.
Bailey had far less as a true freshman and still performed as good, if not better.
Against SEC teams.

Who cares? We don’t have a good QB on the roster anyway. Play every QB we have including walk ons. Maybe someone will eventually be decent.

Hooker isn’t very good. He is just a little better than Milton. They both suck.
Hooker is better than Milton for sure.
Hooker did enough to at least warrant getting a real look against TT but they are dumb if they dont also give HB some playing time.
i dont see it happening tho.
he is gonna trot milton out there and pull him when its too late. (if milton is healthy)

Hooker is better than Milton for sure.
Hooker did enough to at least warrant getting a real look against TT but they are dumb if they dont also give HB some playing time.
i dont see it happening tho.
he is gonna trot milton out there and pull him when its too late. (if milton is healthy)

Oh yeah I fully expect to see the garbage can Milton playing against TT. I think Hooker should play the first half and Bailey the second half. But like you said, we know JH is gonna play Milton so we can watch him overthrow more wide open TDs.

Reactions: DustyRockSolid
Hooker went 15/21 for 188 2 TDs and 1 INT.

That's 71% passing. And he definitely has a little more touch on the deep ball.

He did this off the bench as the 2nd string QB with the 2nd String Center and therefore the 2nd string guard (Lane). And with the third string RB.

Add Small, Evans, Cooper Mays back into the mix and I think his time in the pocket and run game both improve with should BOTH improve his play.

He has to be the guy? Right?
I’m good with anyone other than Milton. He can play backup!

Oh yeah I fully expect to see the garbage can Milton playing against TT. I think Hooker should play the first half and Bailey the second half. But like you said, we know JH is gonna play Milton so we can watch him overthrow more wide open TDs.
Pitt strategy was let the receivers run wide open to put us in 2nd and long! 😂😂😂

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
My BVS tells me he starts Milton against Tech knowing it’s an easy game and high likelihood he’ll look good to further justify him as starting qb. Hope I’m wrong.

Who reported that? Would love to see that.

In the presser today Heupel seemed to me to be slightly leaning away from Milton and toward Hooker.

Why?

1) He was complimentary of how Hooker played after the first series, citing that he hasn't been getting the same amount of reps as the starter.
2) He was DIRECTLY asked if Milton was 100% healthy this week if he would start on Saturday. If Milton is the guy you should immediately answer that question "Yes he is." Heupel did not answer that way. And would not commit to Milton being the starter.

This kind of evidence is a million times more valuable for getting a sense of who will start than all the blah blah blah about Bailey in high school, Milton at Michigan, stat lines from previous games, who can supposedly run faster or pass more accurately, etc. The coaches care about the here and now, so when you get an inkling from them about something, it outweighs all the history of these QBs that us VN speculators love to bring to the table.

Reactions: KptVFL and sjt18

VN Store

Back