Florida game time - 7p on ESPN.

I’m a joke for knowing what to expect when most of you are guilty of folding at the first sign of failure. Bye.

This nega Vols Fan's plane is taking off everyone. He is announcing his departure.

Enjoy your dark room and your popcorn and soda. Or nuts. Whatever you prefer. You sound like a nuts guy. Hope they are extra salty for you. As you are for them.

Reactions: VFL10
I have a feeling Josh has had this game circled since April. Tennessee has to win these games. It's time to start beating teams that matter. Not Pitt, not Missouri, not Oregon, but Florida

I’ll be damned.

We’ve been upgraded to a team that matters

I’ll be the first to say I’m not even close to excited.
I’m excited. I don’t think we’re as far off as you think . One thing is for damn sure, history is certainly not on our side, but I don’t think we’re as far off as maybe you and others on this board think.

When you think about the Pitt game do you think about the amount great plays Pitt made or do you shake your head and think about all of the self inflicted things we did wrong ? I’ll give you that Pickett made some plays, but there were about 10-15 plays that could’ve been different, that are easily correctable . We’ve got 2 weeks to correct/improve on things. Win or lose we’re gonna give the Gators all they want in a couple of weekends.

This is as dumb a take as I've seen in a long time on this board from someone that's trying to be serious.

Ok, bud sure. Look believe what you want but we didn’t play well. QB showed flashes made some plays but it’s not like Milton didn’t make those same plays against BG. For all we know CJH could roll out Milton again.

And your really going to say that the defense didn’t remain the same or take a step back?

To each their own.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
This nega Vols Fan's plane is taking off everyone. He is announcing his departure.

Enjoy your dark room and your popcorn and soda. Or nuts. Whatever you prefer. You sound like a nuts guy. Hope they are extra salty for you. As you are for them.

Sure, im the bad guy for calling it exactly like I see it as it happened on the field.

But go ahead I’ll be fine either way. I won’t be excited over the same outcome because we haven’t proven the first time we know how to continuously execute plays, cover WRs, or tackle consistently for that matter. I’m suppose to live in fantasy land a believe we’ll win on the road in the swamp when Tennessee couldn’t keep things in check at home….

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Hopefully we can hang with them. I’m afraid Florida is too good but maybe Bama will ruin their mindset enough for us

Reactions: 08Vol
I’m excited. I don’t think we’re as far off as you think . One thing is for damn sure, history is certainly not on our side, but I don’t think we’re as far off as maybe you and others on this board think.

When you think about the Pitt game do you think about the amount great plays Pitt made or do you shake your head and think about all of the self inflicted things we did wrong ? I’ll give you that Pickett made some plays, but there were about 10-15 plays that could’ve been different, that are easily correctable . We’ve got 2 weeks to correct/improve on things. Win or lose we’re gonna give the Gators all they want in a couple of weekends.

I think about the things that Pitt did that were easy things like coverages. Fix the coverages and Tennessee can be a good defense. It’s not like they blew our doors off. If Tennessee corrects the basics like consistently tackling, and basic execution they could be really good under CJH/CTB.

I know they can clean up the run that’s a given I think but is anyone really happy or going to say we improved in pass coverages? Teams still absolutely slaughter Tennessee on slant routes.

It’s simple things that keep Tennessee from being where they want to be. It’s nothing close to major like it was previously.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I think about the things that Pitt did that were easy things like coverages. Fix the coverages and Tennessee can be a good defense. It’s not like they blew our doors off. If Tennessee corrects the basics like consistently tackling, and basic execution they could be really good under CJH/CTB.

I know they can clean up the run that’s a given I think but is anyone really happy or going to say we improved in pass coverages? Teams still absolutely slaughter Tennessee on slant routes.

It’s simple things that keep Tennessee from being where they want to be. It’s nothing close to major like it was previously.
I think we adjusted well after halftime. We pretty much brought pressure the rest of the way. But We desperately need a pass rusher, maybe Byron Young will be that guy . You see 41 points on the board and it seems terrible, but I didn’t think we were. For the most part I was ok with the d after being put in some bad spots by the offense. Overall, I liked the effort I saw. The one thing that definitely can’t happen is a no show 2nd quarter. I don’t know what’s happening there, but we’ve lost focus 2 games in a row. Hell I think we might’ve been outscored 33-7in the second quarter so far. We’re not good enough for those lapses in focus and in the lapses in judgement with those knuckleheaded penalties we committed.

What is a Ryder cup
6545c5abb23a08d985533c07e76ab434.jpg

I think we adjusted well after halftime. We pretty much brought pressure the rest of the way. But We desperately need a pass rusher, maybe Byron Young will be that guy . You see 41 points on the board and it seems terrible, but I didn’t think we were. For the most part I was ok with the d after being put in some bad spots by the offense. Overall, I liked the effort I saw. The one thing that definitely can’t happen is a no show 2nd quarter. I don’t know what’s happening there, but we’ve lost focus 2 games in a row. Hell I think we might’ve been outscored 33-7in the second quarter so far. We’re not good enough for those lapses in focus and in the lapses in judgement with those knuckleheaded penalties we committed.

The points didn’t bother me. It’s the continuous lack of basic football fundamentals Tennessee continues to miss. I don’t think there’s a team in the country over the years that keeps that trend going other than Tennessee. Somehow Tennessee manages to do very well in week one, but falls flat in week 2. The 2nd quarter is a total wreck for whatever reason. Then the whole inside the 5 and penalty after penalty. We can’t make those mistakes and get where Tennessee wants to be.

Tennessee has talent and a lot of it but the frustration comes out when they don’t do simple things well and to expect it to get better in 2 weeks is a lot when we don’t have a good team to prep against.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Since I live in Florida, I will be going to the game. I am hoping that they are overlooking us and we find a way to win. I will let you know how the tailgating and treatment from their fan base goes.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
Well I am torn, if Hooker plays and Milton doesn't we could have a real shot. I am not wild about Milton and the comments today did not help as I think he will be back starting by then. If he does I really don't see us winning. Maybe 10% chance. That said if he does play I hope he beats their ass.

VN Store

Back