1) Across the middle for first down
2) Payton for touchdown
*Punt

Third drive:
3) Calloway inside 10 yard line
4) Merrill for touchdown
5) Tillman for touchdown
6) Payton on free offsides play
**Field goal, 10-0, Pitt goes on to score next two drives and Vols get FG off Milton scramble, making score 14-13 Pitt

Of these six throws, four should be labeled as egregious. Not bashing Milton, just thought I would share the tape for those interested in re-watching.

Last edited:
A lot of those were egregious. That 5th one is insane. No one is near Tillman. No defenders coming for Milton. It's like playing backyard football and he still misses him by a mile!

I just don't see how you can coach that. It's like taking a guy who shoots 5% from the 3-point line and trying to teach him to be Steph Curry, just because he's 7 foot tall.

The overthrows can be found here:

Second drive, score 7-0 TN:
2) Payton for touchdown
*Punt

Third drive:
4) Merrill for touchdown
5) Tillman for touchdown
**Field goal, 10-0, Pitt goes on to score next two drives and Vols get FG off Milton scramble, making score 14-13 Pitt

Of these six throws, four should be labeled as egregious. Not bashing Milton, just thought I would share the tape for those interested in re-watching.
You add that with the penalties, the 4th and 1 late in the game and the int thrown by Hooker to kill the game we had plenty of opportunities to beat a good Pitt team. I almost forgot the injuries and players missing for other reasons

A lot of those were egregious. That 5th one is insane. No one is near Tillman. No defenders coming for Milton. It's like playing backyard football and he still misses him by a mile!

I just don't see how you can coach that. It's like taking a guy who shoots 5% from the 3-point line and trying to teach him to be Steph Curry, just because he's 7 foot tall.
Practice practice practice. Steph Curry wasn't born shooting 3 pointers he practiced and worked on his craft

You add that with the penalties, the 4th and 1 late in the game and the int thrown by Hooker to kill the game we had plenty of opportunities to beat a good Pitt team. I almost forgot the injuries and players missing for other reasons

Add in the fumble by Milton & the fumble by Hooker and it’s surprising we were even in the game late, with a chance to tie.

2) Payton for touchdown
*Punt

Third drive:
4) Merrill for touchdown
5) Tillman for touchdown

Tillman overthrow takes the cake.. shades of JG in the swamp

Practice practice practice. Steph Curry wasn't born shooting 3 pointers he practiced and worked on his craft

He did, but 99%+ of the population will never shoot as well as Steph Curry no matter how much they practice. They either lack the desire or the skillset. And Steph Curry was lightly recruited in college, b/c most of the power programs thought he was too short.

This is like trying to turn Andre Drummond into Steph Curry rather than just trying to find someone who shoots like Steph Curry and might not have the perfect body.

Last edited:

Ehh Steph Curry comes from a family of shooters, that's not necessarily something you can teach. Curry has been able to shoot from a young age. Sure you can get a little better but at some point you have it or you don't.

We had a kid in my hometown who shot basketballs almost 3 hours a day from the time he was 5 years old until he was 13. He couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn when he tried out for the basketball team as a Freshman. The old saying “ practice makes prefect“ is not always true.

Last edited:
We had a kid in my hometown who shot basketballs almost 3 hours a day from the time he was 5 years old until he was 13. He couldn’t hit the broads of a barn when hr tried out for the basketball team as a Freshman. The old saying “ practice makes pert” is always true.
Well the only way Milton improves is practice and not one person in the world can predict the outcome

Reactions: rocytop2624
Look guys I'm really at the point where I want to see Bailey. This is a 360 by me after two games. The problem is I don't believe the online can protect a guy that's not mobile.
Hes not a statue. He can move around in the pocket. Is he going to break a 50 yard run? Probably not. But no one will ever EVER convince me that should be top priority of a QB. The position comes down to making reads and making throws. If you can't do that, you are useless as a QB.

Should be a no-brainer
Agreed. We saw him make throws in the spring game that Hooker and Milton have never been able to make in their lengthy careers. And yet he is riding the bench. And surprise surprise we are struggling completing passes. Wide open passes at that. Makes no sense to me.

2) Payton for touchdown
*Punt

Third drive:
4) Merrill for touchdown
5) Tillman for touchdown

Wait...1011F023-561E-493F-8BE5-E354087D47B4.gif

Reactions: Jravol78
I'm still trying to understand why they keep throwing it deep. It's Milton's weakness. I understand you have to stretch the field and keep the defense on their heels but it's seemed like we threw deep every third play.

Design more mid range passes. He seems to do pretty good in those situations.
Also seems he needs more QB runs.

Reactions: hUTch2002

VN Store

Back