People need to have perspective

I think what makes it hard, for me anyway, was how the game started. It literally could t have been a better beginning. Got the crowd revved up and should have pumped the players. After that is was mostly garbage. Just demoralized from the huge high to the **** low at the end. Sucks.
For me the most frustrating part is that we beat ourselves. Pitt is solid and played well but without the turnovers and all those penalties we win. You’ll have some penalties of course but 13 is ridiculous. But the positive aspect is that we can fix how we play.

We got beat by a better team today. Pickett played like the Senior QB he is. Other than QB keepers, we didn't run the ball well. We had over 100 yards in penalties. We had 2 fumbles and an INT. We got no pressure on Pickett. I'm surprised it was as close as it was. There were some positives. Defense was aggressive and played hard. We have some really good WRs. Tillman will be playing on Sundays. We just don't get them the ball enough. Theo Jackson is earning himself a paycheck. Special teams was solid. It is what it is. Announcer said we only have 71 scholarship players. Is that right?

Reactions: endzone79
Happy for positive attitude and full effort 60 minutes. And really happy there is a chance we may be able to improve qb accuracy. But overall the skill is lacking that will only improve as roster turns over in the next several years.

We started better today than any game I can recall under Pruitt.

Pruitt got ran off the field against WVA in similar circumstances his first season playing a decent team with a potential NFL QB ( Grier ).

Still can't chalk this game today up as an overall positive since they lost but Heupel is a definitive upgrade.

Reactions: kcvols1
I know. I hated the way the refs kept flinching before the snap.
Our player didn’t touch the guy on the block in the back call on the kick six. That call came in the midst of 2 questionable offensive PI’s, unsportsmanlike conducts, and that Pitt QB did not get in.

Pruitt got ran off the field against WVA in similar circumstances his first season playing a decent team with a potential NFL QB ( Grier ).

Still can't chalk this game today up as an overall positive since they lost but Heupel is a definitive upgrade.

The loss hurts. So, the game isn't a positive. They can make positive advancement by improving on the controllable issues for future games. I think there was general improvement in many issues from BGSU game. Still, a lot which needs work, though.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
Pitt was a veteran team with a QB that will play on Sunday’s and we are a team under a first year coach with brand new schemes on both sides of the ball in game 2, and we were a 4th down play from tying it up late. Yet posters on the game thread were posting absolute garbage as if it’s Heupel’s 3rd year with back to back top 5 recruiting classes on his roster.

I was actually encouraged by the fight and energy from the defense and the ability of Hooker to use his legs and show some touch on throws. Better days ahead, stop hyperventilating
Well said

Our player didn’t touch the guy on the block in the back call on the kick six. That call came in the midst of 2 questionable offensive PI’s, unsportsmanlike conducts, and that Pitt QB did not get in.
That was a critical play. I wasn't watching at that time. Was our block in the back egregious or was in questionable?

Pitt was a veteran team with a QB that will play on Sunday’s and we are a team under a first year coach with brand new schemes on both sides of the ball in game 2, and we were a 4th down play from tying it up late. Yet posters on the game thread were posting absolute garbage as if it’s Heupel’s 3rd year with back to back top 5 recruiting classes on his roster.

I was actually encouraged by the fight and energy from the defense and the ability of Hooker to use his legs and show some touch on throws. Better days ahead, stop hyperventilating
This

That was a critical play. I wasn't watching at that time. Was our block in the back egregious or was in questionable?
I was at just the right angle and spot to see a gorgeous view of the Jumbotron. My whole section was screaming that there was zero contact on every replay.

Reactions: McDad
perspective in the grand scheme Pitt is trash and are not in our league. What do you think their record would be if they played and SEC schedule
I would guess and granted this is just a guess but probably somewhere in the mix of SCAR /Mizzou / UK for an average 5-7 to 8-4 record which coincidentally is about where our beloved Vols program currently finds itself .Today was a winnable game and I don‘t think there is much separation between UT & PITT currently with the exception of program and QB stability . Unfortunately for those are big exceptions .

On our 5th coach in 12 years the fans are apathetic to perspective. They're out of patience, and looking at the stands today from a Birds eye view the fans aren't all that sold on Heupel's perspective.

How many times has that been said as well? The same things are said every season. It’s infuriating.
It is. That's doesn't make this the current coaches or AD's fault. It's amazing people are surprised by this. We were hot dog shat last year. We lost a ton of players to transfer portal. Have a new coach. And we thought we would be good this year? Manage your expectations

we had more talent, we should have won

Reactions: jessiej86
It is. That's doesn't make this the current coaches or AD's fault. It's amazing people are surprised by this. We were hot dog shat last year. We lost a ton of players to transfer portal. Have a new coach. And we thought we would be good this year? Manage your expectations
its Danny's fault he didnt hire kiffin or freeze

Reactions: Doc_Vol
I was at just the right angle and spot to see a gorgeous view of the Jumbotron. My whole section was screaming that there was zero contact on every replay.

Your entire section was wrong then. It was blatant and not particularly close.

It is completely the AD’s fault that he made the hire he did. My expectations are managed. I always want a win but rarely expect one. I just think it’s absurd that the same excuses are recycled year after year. Be original at least.

VN Store

Back