People need to have perspective

Pitt was a veteran team with a QB that will play on Sunday’s and we are a team under a first year coach with brand new schemes on both sides of the ball in game 2, and we were a 4th down play from tying it up late. Yet posters on the game thread were posting absolute garbage as if it’s Heupel’s 3rd year with back to back top 5 recruiting classes on his roster.

I was actually encouraged by the fight and energy from the defense and the ability of Hooker to use his legs and show some touch on throws. Better days ahead, stop hyperventilating
You and I both. Well said.

I am not hot about the coaches or about expecting big results this year, but the "better days ahead" business rings really hollow after the last fifteen years of whatever Tennessee football has been. Like the dude at the gas station who's always convinced the next Powerball ticket will be "the one." There's no reason to think days will be better or worse. Not yet anyway. Maybe someday.

Pitt was a veteran team with a QB that will play on Sunday’s and we are a team under a first year coach with brand new schemes on both sides of the ball in game 2, and we were a 4th down play from tying it up late. Yet posters on the game thread were posting absolute garbage as if it’s Heupel’s 3rd year with back to back top 5 recruiting classes on his roster.

I was actually encouraged by the fight and energy from the defense and the ability of Hooker to use his legs and show some touch on throws. Better days ahead, stop hyperventilating
#alwaysyearzero
Take your garbage somewhere else.

Reactions: HiltonHeadVol
[VIDEO=]

I get what you're saying and agree to a point but it's beyond frustrating watching this program under multiple coaches blow winnable games like this with stupid penalties, play calls, and bad defense.

There is plenty to build on with this game though.

Hooker ran this offense much better than Milton. That issue needs to get settled immediately IMO.

The stupid penalties and missed tackles need to get cleaned up or they could conceivably lose to anyone on the schedule outside Tech and Vandy.

Reactions: Hbg

Most wanna hype themselves into oblivion, then bitch all season long...its the VN life....respect the post...sadly it will fall on deaf ears and blind eyes

Reactions: The Original Fade
Other perspective - the lack of discipline was astounding, both lines were dominated by a middling ACC team, QB play was poor, pass D was nonexistent, playcalls not great either. We are set up for 4-5 wins. Bama, UGA, and UF will outscore us by a combined 120 points if they want.

Perspective:
We were never going to playoffs this year.
We were never competing for the East.
We are wanting to see improvement to start the season.
We are wanting to see the team improve as the season progresses.

People seem to be under the impression that we were headed for glory this year. No real idea why but that's where we are.

Through two games we look way better than we did the last two months of 2020.

Yep just ignore the idiots

Is it too much to ask that UT should never lose to Pitt? I don't think so.

Reactions: Hbg
then you need to take a ten year break from following. because to follow this team for the next few will take some maturity and perspective. But to me, today was a step forward.
Or they can keep coming around here, pouting. Either will do. lol

Other perspective - the lack of discipline was astounding, both lines were dominated by a middling ACC team, QB play was poor, pass D was nonexistent, playcalls not great either. We are set up for 4-5 wins. Bama, UGA, and UF will outscore us by a combined 120 points if they want.
This Pitt team will compete and perhaps win the Coastal

VN Store

Back