‘23 TN OL Luke Brown

Auburn did an excellent job impressing the 2023 four-star offensive lineman from Paris (Tenn.) Henry County as Brown loved the people there, the stadium, game-day environment and the campus. Brown definitely plans to return to Auburn at some point, with the Tigers, Florida State, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt and Clemson standing out the most.

- Rivals
We are definitely still in this and one of the top schools. I don't know why Rivals failed to mention us

Price said on the VQ Pod yesterday that Bussell, Sanders, and Duncan were the instate lineman preferred and that Brown was down the list.
Must be pretty far down to not even be recruited hard enough to put UT in his top 8... with Vandy.

Kid looks like a pretty good player...a bruiser and maybe a tad slow for this system..

I really think CJH should take a long hard look at this kid. Hopefully it isn’t too late.

It’s interesting how we complain about instate talent leaving … this kid is Top 4 in TN (247) and has good size. It’s interesting we aren’t pursuing, he was all up about the Vols a year ago. Must be something the staff wants, sees that he doesn’t have … ?

Reactions: jsc1973
It’s interesting how we complain about instate talent leaving … this kid is Top 4 in TN (247) and has good size. It’s interesting we aren’t pursuing, he was all up about the Vols a year ago. Must be something the staff wants, sees that he doesn’t have … ?
The 247 rankings for 2023 haven't been updated since like April for some

Last edited:

That was my immediate impression when I read the article. They have probably evaluated him and decided he's not the best fit for Tennessee's offense.

We're probably going to have scholarship limitations for a few years and there's no good reason to use one on a kid who doesn't fit the system; it doesn't help UT and it's not fair to the kid to waste his time.

Price said on the VQ Pod yesterday that Bussell, Sanders, and Duncan were the instate lineman preferred and that Brown was down the list.

Maybe they only see him as a guard. Offensive line is very scheme specific too. Maybe they think he’s more of a gap scheme than zone scheme guy

VN Store

Back