Tennessee Lady Vol News

Coach said watch out for Sara Puckett:

ā€œSara is one of the most prepared freshmen that Iā€™ve ever had,ā€ Harper said. ā€œHer training physically, she does not look like a freshman. She is very serious and works really hard on her game. She is very skilled. She can do anything on the court. She can dribble, pass, shoot, very good rebounder. She is exactly what we thought she would be. We have really high hopes for Sara, and she had a really good summer.ā€

article: Part one: Catching up with Lady Vols Coach Kellie Harper

ā€œSara is one of the most prepared freshmen that Iā€™ve ever had,ā€ Harper said. ā€œHer training physically, she does not look like a freshman. She is very serious and works really hard on her game. She is very skilled. She can do anything on the court. She can dribble, pass, shoot, very good rebounder. She is exactly what we thought she would be. We have really high hopes for Sara, and she had a really good summer.ā€

We're going to want her to get a lot of minutes this season.

I've had her pegged as a player that could be really good as a freshmen because of her all around game. All the freshmen were the go to player on their teams I am excited to see them play.

This Freshman class will be fighting for minutes...and getting them

I know someone who has seen the team during offseason workouts, and that person says Dye is really, really good and will knock our socks off. I am confident the Lady Vols will be a better team this coming season than they were last season, even after losing one of the all-time greats in Rennia Davis.

There is not a single "project player" in the entire new group Kellie brought in -- they can all play at a level that will give defenses trouble, and they are all the type of tenacious players who will take pride in their defense.

Also, having the toughness and mature leadership of Keyen Green back healthy this year, PLUS another season of the amazingly steady veteran leader Jordan Walker and then graduate transfer Alexus Dye, means Tennessee will certainly have an advantage over many opponents in the area of experience and maturity. All three of those players can flat-out BALL, plus they are all going to be in a position of knowing this is their last chance to have their most impressive seasons as college players -- a strong motivator. I am excited about the possibilities for these three.

I know someone who has seen the team during offseason workouts, and that person says Dye is really, really good and will knock our socks off. I am confident the Lady Vols will be a better team this coming season than they were last season, even after losing one of the all-time greats in Rennia Davis.

There is not a single "project player" in the entire new group Kellie brought in -- they can all play at a level that will give defenses trouble, and they are all the type of tenacious players who will take pride in their defense.

Also, having the toughness and mature leadership of Keyen Green back healthy this year, PLUS another season of the amazingly steady veteran leader Jordan Walker and then graduate transfer Alexus Dye, means Tennessee will certainly have an advantage over many opponents in the area of experience and maturity. All three of those players can flat-out BALL, plus they are all going to be in a position of knowing this is their last chance to have their most impressive seasons as college players -- a strong motivator. I am excited about the possibilities for these three.

So much yes! Is there any word on the development of Horston and Key?

Reactions: LadyOrange
So much yes! Is there any word on the development of Horston and Key?

Per the article by Maria here is Kellie's quote:

Harper specifically mentioned the ā€œDouble Jordansā€ of Jordan Horston, who is now a junior, and Jordan Walker, a graduate transfer who arrived a year ago with two years of eligibility and now has one full season of experience at Tennessee.

ā€œJordan Horston is a great example,ā€ Harper said. ā€œShe had a terrific summer. She just looked more confident. She played with a great aggressiveness but also just an ease. There was no stressing, no pressing, and I think a lot of that has to do with the maturity that you can only get with age. I am really excited for her. Jordan Walker was in the gym every single day this summer.ā€

I wouldn't get too excited over a coach's quotes going into fall practice. They are more concerned with building a positive attitude in the players and selling season tickets than in giving a scouting analysis.

I wouldn't get too excited over a coach's quotes going into fall practice. They are more concerned with building a positive attitude in the players and selling season tickets than in giving a scouting analysis.
who is doing that lol Coach kellie has always been straightforward with us and if she she said Sara Puckett is the most prepared freshmen she has ever coached then im gonna believe Sara Puckett is the most prepared freshmen she ever coached

who is doing that lol Coach kellie has always been straightforward with us and if she she said Sara Puckett is the most prepared freshmen she has ever coached then im gonna believe Sara Puckett is the most prepared freshmen she ever coached
Absolutely! I didn't say she was fudging anything. Even that quote she is the most prepared 'freshman'. Is she more prepared than Rae, or Jordan or Key. Your not hearing what the player has to work on and what needs to happen between now and the games that count. Right now, for 90% of the coaches in America, its all good vibes and selling tickets.

Absolutely! I didn't say she was fudging anything. Even that quote she is the most prepared 'freshman'. Is she more prepared than Rae, or Jordan or Key. Your not hearing what the player has to work on and what needs to happen between now and the games that count. Right now, for 90% of the coaches in America, its all good vibes and selling tickets.

kellie didnt coach Rae just Jordan and key. I understand that lol even if she wanted to her critiquing them publicly is something no coach does these days selling tickets or not

Reactions: krichunaka
Kellieā€™s just not giving much away. And thatā€™s fine.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
When Kellie said Sara was the most prepared freshman I believed every word of it. I've never seen any player with a better work ethic than Sara or a higher basketball IQ. She will be one of the most physically prepared players regardless of class really high on her to have an excellent freshman season. Very unselfish player finds the open player doesn't take bad shots.

VN Store

Back