Joe Milton quote

supersmo18

#1 Orange-Lister
From 24/7:
On how much he enjoys Tennessee’s style of offense:
“I love it. It’s all about playing in space. When you’ve got a guy like me that can do it all, it’s all about the execution part of it.
This remains to be seen, IMO. Had some really good moments, but this quote seems to be a little bit less than humble at this point, especially with the next game opening at home as a slight underdog (currently +1.5 from what I last read).

From 24/7:

This remains to be seen, IMO. Had some really good moments, but this quote seems to be a little bit less than humble at this point, especially with the next game opening at home as a slight underdog (currently +1.5 from what I last read).
Yeah...he needs to read his last sentence OVER and OVER until he starts to do it.

Case in point, no one faults Beethoven today for this great quote…..because it was backed up by evidence. Joe ain’t there yet…..😂

“Was ich scheisse ist besser als du je gedacht!”
or
“What I **** is better than anything you could ever think up!”
Ludwig van Beethoven (German Composer & Pianist 1770-1827)

Sounds to me like he has a hot head and may be a little cocky
Such is the life of competitive athletes.

They say something like this, there's going to be people who claim they're cocky/arrogant/whatever.

They offer a humble/meek response, will have people saying they lack the killer instinct needed to win at a high level.

No real winning for them.

Case in point, no one faults Beethoven today for this great quote…..because it was backed up by evidence. Joe ain’t there yet…..😂

“Was ich scheisse ist besser als du je gedacht!”
or
“What I **** is better than anything you could ever think up!”
Ludwig van Beethoven (German Composer & Pianist 1770-1827)
Reminds me of this one...

Shooter~
“I eat pieces of 💩 like you for breakfast!”

Happy~
“You eat pieces of 💩 for breakfast?”

GBO!!

They say something like this, there's going to be people who claim they're cocky/arrogant/whatever.

They offer a humble/meek response, will have people saying they lack the killer instinct needed to win at a high level.

To be honest, I’d rather have a QB with confidence than one without.
GBO!!

I like cocky attitudes when they're backing it up. Sometimes you got to have a chip on your shoulder. Joe handled getting his guys lined up and play off but he didn't really have a lights out game but a win is a win and he's still part of the reason for that win.
I know CJH had things to say about the QB play that needed addressing. Also seems like I saw another after game interview Milton said he's got stuff to work on.
Saturday will tell if he learned anything

Which is why we hear a lot of “I just enjoy working hard to be the best player I can be for my team”. Got to have those throwaway lines.

From 24/7:

I overlooked that quote. It pizzes me off. Sounds too much like Terrell Owens spittle. Needs to curb that overinflated ego and reign in that mouth. I don't mind swagger, but unproven bravado just screams prima donna locker room cancer. Sorry, Milt man, I want you to succeed, however you need to learn a bit of humbleness, decorum, and modesty. I do hope you disassemble the Panther's clock and leave the parts scattered all over the field. I also hope you learn to be classy and not a braggart.

Don't remember any of some really great Tennessee QB's ever spouting off like that, maybe he can show some of that "can do anything" in the future cause nobody has seen it yet.

From 24/7:

Ya reckon.

Honestly, I don’t mind it. Even if he didn’t play as well as he suggests I would rather he keep a positive attitude and confidence,
as opposed to someone who looks like a deer in the headlights. JG always looked like a person who lacked confidence and let comments affect his play.

So until we lose, or Milton causes a loss, why should he be negative or critical of himself in public? He shouldn’t

Reactions: beamerman

VN Store

Back