The Iceman is in The House..

Got autograph from him and John Henderson at a basketball game. John also got presented the Outland trophy that night as well. Was in awe at just how huge John Henderson actually was. Both were genuinely happy to interact with fans. Two of my favorite all time Vols. John kept my sharpie that day. That’s my first cool story bro

Kevin Simon and Troy Fleming for you youngsters out there. Kevin was one of the best linebackers we've ever had, but was always banged up.
Kevin had a couple of serious injuries. Actually IIRC which I don’t always do, there was a serious question about his return after one injury…was it a broken leg maybe? Great player coming out of high school and fought injuries the entire time he was here…and still was pretty doggone good!

Kevin had a couple of serious injuries. Actually IIRC which I don’t always do, there was a serious question about his return after one injury…was it a broken leg maybe? Great player coming out of high school and fought injuries the entire time he was here…and still was pretty doggone good!

Thanks for the identification on Kevin Simon. (The guy to Casey’s right) He was a High School All-American linebacker out of De La Salle high school in Concord, California. Kevin committed to Tennessee and was invited to play in a prestigious High School All-American game. On one of the first plays of the game he tore his ACL. He worked diligently to be able to play again, and finally did after hours, upon hours of re-hab. I believe tennrich1 is correct about Kevin breaking his leg after he recovered from his knee surgery. He is highly respected at Tennessee!

Last edited:
Reactions: tennrich1

VN Store

Back