John Roberts

This election will generate more civil unrest than any in our lifetimes.
Did you catch the Wapo article from a week ago?

Great propaganda piece

A landslide for Joe Biden resulted in a relatively orderly transfer of power. Every other scenario we looked at involved street-level violence and political crisis.

Author Rosa Brooks bio

Rosa Brooks @brooks_rosa is a law professor at Georgetown University and co-founder of the Transition Integrity Project

In 2006-2007, Brooks was Special Counsel to the President at the Open Society Institute in New York. Brooks has also served as a consultant for Human Rights Watch… She currently serves on the advisory board of the Open Society Foundation’s US Programs, the advisory board of National Security Action and the board of the Harper’s Magazine Foundation. [Georgetown Law]

Here we go...

Had my attention....Dont tell me we lost another one

no_wonder_2.png

Reactions: StarRaider
Well, if this election goes to the Supreme Court, how could the latest developments affect that? Should a 4-4 tie in the court, with Roberts joining the 3 libs be a concern?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I think the Chief Justice probably feels particularly bound to principles of stare decisis and res judicata. I don't know if that's the position, the man, or both.

The two logical avenues of the Supreme Court should be to try and calculate any suppression/fraud issues and make a ruling.

Or, pick the guy with the most popular votes.

In this case, I prefer the popular vote method.

Did you catch the Wapo article from a week ago?

Great propaganda piece

Author Rosa Brooks bio

Rosa Brooks @brooks_rosa is a law professor at Georgetown University and co-founder of the Transition Integrity Project

In 2006-2007, Brooks was Special Counsel to the President at the Open Society Institute in New York. Brooks has also served as a consultant for Human Rights Watch… She currently serves on the advisory board of the Open Society Foundation’s US Programs, the advisory board of National Security Action and the board of the Harper’s Magazine Foundation. [Georgetown Law]
So Biden wins, conservatives just try and hunker down and survive the ensuing nuclear winter.
Trump wins and liberals take to the streets, riot, burn, pillage because they don't get their way.

I think that about sums it up.

Well, if this election goes to the Supreme Court, how could the latest developments affect that? Should a 4-4 tie in the court, with Roberts joining the 3 libs be a concern?
4-4 decision fails to overturn the ruling of the lower court.

It’s actually a bigger advantage in the ACA case as now two of Robert, Kavanaugh, or Gorsuch would have to switch sides to overturn the lower court ruling that it’s unconstitutional.

Last edited:
This is Roberts playing politics for the umpteenth time. From what I have read the ruling is legally sound but Roberts as he tends to do let's politics override the law.

Maybe he is playing politics but why? For what gain?

His reasoning and opinion is legitimate, if the courts are truly interested in getting to the issue of constitutionality.

VN Store

Back