Byron Young Ineligible *CONFIRMED*

How could he be ineligible for only the first 3 games? That doesn’t make sense. He’s ineligible or he is eligible (for the season) period. What could make you ineligible “only for the first few games.”

How could he be ineligible for only the first 3 games? That doesn’t make sense. He’s ineligible or he is eligible (for the season) period. What could make you ineligible “only for the first few games.”
He played 3 games at JUCO or Prep school that weren't reported on his transcript. So there you go. :p

It’s 10:00 ET and still nothing official on this so far. It will probably get worked-out internally and my guess is he’ll still play tonight. It’s not like this is his last year of eligibility so that it would cost us.

Seems like this would have traction on Volquest or that there would be some rumbles from guys like Wallace (who’s been out in front of some things). But there’s nothing. Place a firm RUMOR label on this one right now.

This just doesn't make sense. If he played a handful of games for some prep school or another small Junior College that we didn't know about, it would shorten his eligibility, but that wouldn't necessarily affect him right now. It could be handled on the back end of his time here. He would just be finished sooner.

But then, last year didn't count against anybody anywhere, so that should make up for the year we supposedly didn't know about.

But this still just comes from that one guy and that one place, and his account is named after a baseball coach that hasn't been here in a few years. Why is he being given credibility?

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I had to look up who he is, that's how disinterested I have been in Vol football this summer.

But if I was betting, I would bet he plays.
Uninterested. Disinterested means unbiased.

...United States of Leland...

Reactions: Coach_Z
Siap but he's also doubled down, "It will be announced tomorrow around 3:00 central before the game. Not out for the whole year by any means so no big deal. Florida is fcked though"

He played 3 games at JUCO or Prep school that weren't reported on his transcript. So there you go. :p
That doesn't make sense, though.

If he played enough games at any other school to affect eligibility, it would lose him an entire season of eligibility. Not 3 games' worth.

And if he didn't play enough to lose a year's eligibility, he loses no eligibility at all.

Never heard of paying back eligibility a game at a time.

And academic eligibility doesn't work that way, either. Only disciplinary actions work this way.

I think this is entirely bogus. Attempt by some troll to get attention.

VN Store

Back