Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clay Newcomb... I'll just say I know Clay personally and just had a convo with him Sunday. Arkansas fan and grad, but a darn good dude.

If it's the hunt in Montana from this spring I actually ran into him the next day at an event in Missoula.
It is. And that's awesome. Of all the State's Ive visited, and that's CO, NM, WY. MT would be my home if I could make it. What an awesome place.

Back in the day when most games weren't televised, we'd all gather around radio and listen to John Ward. I don't know how many times I was deer hunting and had a small radio with an ear thing listening to him paint that beautiful picture.

Best John Ward story was a buddy of mine was in a tractor for the miracle at south bend game. Ward said “the kick is up and the kick is good”. My buddy threw the radio into the woods and kept on working. Didn’t know we won until he got to church the next day

Can you imagine the numbers Webb would have put up behind the lines Houston ran behind..these kids just don't know. I am so thankful I got to witness him play. I think he would have won the Heisman that year if not for Pacific...freakin PACIFIC..😥
Webb was the GOAT, anyone who doesn’t believe us should watch the 1990 Cotton Bowl against Arkansas. But IIRC he did have two first round pick OT’s on that line, Antone Davis and Charles McCrae, as well as Eric Still and Tom Myslinski.

Can you imagine the numbers Webb would have put up behind the lines Houston ran behind..these kids just don't know. I am so thankful I got to witness him play. I think he would have won the Heisman that year if not for Pacific...freakin PACIFIC..😥
Webb’s OL was pretty stout! Two 1st round picks at OT in McCrae and Davis and mean interior OL with Fisher, Myslinski (personal favorite) and Still. That was the OL that 180’d our fortunes after a 5-6 season. Didn’t slow down for 15 years.

OU released its depth chart for their opener. Eric Gray is a starter, Wanya Morris is an “OR” at RT, and Key Lawrence is a backup SS. Reggie Grimes is a backup DE, for those who remember him from recruiting.
View attachment 391207
Looks like Eric Gray is an OR as well.

Who has any insight on where to buy cheap tickets on gameday? I’m assuming there won’t be dudes with fistfuls of tickets standing on Cumberland like in the past. The school needs to have an easy place for fans to walk up and buy tickets day of so they don’t go unused.

I have some tickets for tomorrow nights game available for free but would have to get together in the Tri-Cities area tomorrow

Webb’s OL was pretty stout! Two 1st round picks at OT in McCrae and Davis and mean interior OL with Fisher, Myslinski (personal favorite) and Still. That was the OL that 180’d our fortunes after a 5-6 season. Didn’t slow down for 15 years.
Yeah...that is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back