Transfer Portal 21-22

A friend of mine who is close to LSUs program said this decision came due to conflicts with her academics. Not sure what that means. LSU is in BR and the nursing program is in NO. There are some logistic issues going on. I don’t quite understand but that’s what he said. Duke has been in contact with Moon supposedly

A friend of mine who is close to LSUs program said this decision came due to conflicts with her academics. Not sure what that means. LSU is in BR and the nursing program is in NO. There are some logistic issues going on. I don’t quite understand but that’s what he said. Duke has been in contact with Moon supposedly

WAIT……. Are you saying she can transfer to DUKE but cannot get into LSU ? Hhhhmmmmm 🤔. Lawson getting one over on Kim !!!! I’m OK with that ! 😂

WAIT……. Are you saying she can transfer to DUKE but cannot get into LSU ? Hhhhmmmmm 🤔. Lawson getting one over on Kim !!!! I’m OK with that ! 😂

lol. That's not what they're saying at all.

Moon wouldn't have gone to LSU from the get-go if she couldn't get in because, well, she couldn't. LSU's nursing program, which is in New Orleans, is 90 minutes away from their main campus in Baton Rouge, which is where all of her basketball activities are going to be. It wouldn't surprise me if they had an arrangement worked out, but Moon quickly realized that it wasn't sustainable.

If she does land at Duke, their master's in nursing program is one of the top in the country and is right in Durham.

If this is all the case, I'm just happy that she's realizing that she needs to have a strong backup plan for after basketball and made her choices accordingly.

lol. That's not what they're saying at all.

Moon wouldn't have gone to LSU from the get-go if she couldn't get in because, well, she couldn't. LSU's nursing program, which is in New Orleans, is 90 minutes away from their main campus in Baton Rouge, which is where all of her basketball activities are going to be. It wouldn't surprise me if they had an arrangement worked out, but Moon quickly realized that it wasn't sustainable.
If she does land at Duke, their master's in nursing program is one of the top in the country and is right in Durham.

If this is all the case, I'm just happy that she's realizing that she needs to have a strong backup plan for after basketball and made her choices accordingly.

I agree. If this is a decision about academics, she’s a smart young lady. You always have to have a back up plan.

Doesn't UT have a nursing program in Knoxville?

You think so? Zaay hardly played last year and Rae is ranked among the top 25 players in the country this year. Actually, the 11th ranked senior in the class. She has come a long way from that number 43 ranking she had out of high school with a lot of potential to still grow her game due to her athletic ability and work ethic. Zaay is a very good player but has not shown a lot of growth throughout college.

Zaay prior to her injury and subsequent departure was just as athletic and had better handles and control than Rae while having equal amounts of energy. I don’t know if she would have been “better”but her development would’ve happened faster because IMO she was further along. However the thought of them playing/developing at similar rates together along with *sighs* Mimi Collins.. with Horston and Key going into this season… that’s the goldmine Kellie was supposed to inherit. It also would’ve helped with recruiting.

Doesn't UT have a nursing program in Knoxville?

I was going to make a joke about The Body Farm, but in light of current circumstances, that would be in very poor taste.

My wife is a retired R.N. All respect to nurses, who are real heroines/heroes, especially in times like these.

I was going to make a joke about The Body Farm, but in light of current circumstances, that would be in very poor taste.

My wife is a retired R.N. All respect to nurses, who are real heroines/heroes, especially in times like these.
But, your ethnic joke about UConn/Geno wasn’t in bad taste??

What ethic joke was that, sirrah?

[Edit: ethnic. There have lots of ethic jokes made about UConn/Geno.]
Did I miss read this?

LadyOrange said: Nope. UConn ain’t family.
Creekdipper said: Unless you're a Corleone.

Most Italian-Americans would be insulted by this I would think.

Did I miss read this?

LadyOrange said: Nope. UConn ain’t family.
Creekdipper said: Unless you're a Corleone.

Most Italian-Americans would be insulted by this I would think.

Or they might respond the way you yourself have done in the past on this forum:

"oh geeze...it's a joke!"

"Inappropriate...but funny!"

Regardless, I'll explain the thought process. "Family" was mentioned. The first nefarious "family" that came to mind was the mafia, and the most recognizable pop culture mafia family were the Corleones. I suppose I could have thought harder and come up with the Barkers or James Brothers or Borgias (or more recent political families), but skullduggery and family seem synonymous with mafia. In all honesty, I didn't immediately make any Sicilian connection with Auriemma until after posting it, but that was just icing on the cake. I would have used the same reference if the subject had been Jeff Walz (don't know or care about his ancestry). It was a dig at Auriemma's character, not his ancestry.

Over the years, I've called Auriemma "The Little General" not to denigrate short people (or Charlie Chaplin or Napoleon fans) but because I don't like Auriemma. I called him "Luigi" (his given name) because he seems to prefer his nickname, but I stopped doing that because some saw it as an ethnic slur (hopefully, not what his mother intended when she named him). I've called Walz "Boy Wonder" derisively, too, because of some of his bad habits.

In hindsight, maybe "only if you're a Manson" might have been less objectionable and much less controversial, but alas...the deed is done.

NO ethnic joke about Geno/UConn can possibly be in bad taste, no matter how offensive. And even if it is, this is not the UConn board, so who cares?

Because ethnic slurs are always in bad taste regardless of who is on the receiving end.

Pat found a whole lot of reasons to dislike Geno, but none of them had anything to do with his heritage.

Do better.

VN Store

Back