'22 TN ATH Barion Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
By this logic, DeSean Bishop is the #1 player in the state, and he's just a junior. But it would also make the Wade twin the top senior in the state. I don't usually take issue with what you have to say, but your comparison isn't apples to apples.

There is no way to compare game changers to a space eater. Barion dominates every facet of a game. He played Qb, Rb, Wr, Cb, and KR/PR dominated every chance he got. So does Wade. But to stay on topic MBA schemed for Barion and he still was the show and ended the game on like a 95 yd run. There is NO doubt who is the #1 guy in TN. You only see guys like this every 10+ yrs and I'm not saying this because he's a NPA kid but simply every single coach I've talked to says it.

Reactions: LittleVol
Imagine comparing a DT to an Athlete 😂😂😂

And for the record I know whT a DT is supposed to do. I worked with Coach Fitz when he had one of the greatest DT who physically dominated a football field for Jr Pro to hs to UT to the NFL John Henderson. Nolen is nowhere near this. John was bigger faster and stronger.

There is no way to compare game changers to a space eater. Barion dominates every facet of a game. He played Qb, Rb, Wr, Cb, and KR/PR dominated every chance he got. So does Wade. But to stay on topic MBA schemed for Barion and he still was the show and ended the game on like a 95 yd run. There is NO doubt who is the #1 guy in TN. You only see guys like this every 10+ yrs and I'm not saying this because he's a NPA kid but simply every single coach I've talked to says it.
I've never accused you of touting only NPA kids. I wish there was a program similar to NPA when I was a high school recruit. I have seen what it has done for kids getting a chance to play D1 football. A lot of these high school coaches actually ruin kid's chances to play major college football(deliberately or not). Pearl's win against MBA last night was definitely impressive. Due to Covid, I don't get out and see middle TN talent like I used to, otherwise I'd check out Brown first hand.

Reactions: LittleVol
When his ass gets clamped by whatever 3⭐️ Willie Martinez puts in the NFL about 3 seasons from now, we’ll revisit this

Nolen isn’t going to be Big John… he’s not wrong about that and I don’t agree with the way he says 98% of the things he does.

Nobody is Big John. There is only one big John. Just like their is only one Warren Sapp. One Al Wilson, one ray lewis. Some people just shouldn’t be used as comparisons as it isn’t fair but it doesn’t mean anything. Walter doesn’t have to be a Big John. Just has to be Walter.

Nolen isn’t going to be Big John… he’s not wrong about that and I don’t agree with the way he says 98% of the things he does.

“He’s not wrong”

Sounds just like another opinion to me considering he’s never played a down of college football.

Are we supposed to lower our expectations over a 5* defensive lineman since he’s not being persuaded to go elsewhere?

Seems legit.

I want Nolen, Barion, Wade twins, all the leverage linemen group, Hood, James at Oakland to go to UT. The thing is I'm a realist and I know it's not going to happen. I'm not a homer or unrealistic fan.

My issue is of all the position groups that should excel in the new UT offense it is the WR position - Barion's projected position. With Heupel, there will be 3-5 WR's on the field for nearly every single play in schemes that stretch the defense both horizontally and vertically. UT was the first to offering him a scholarship in 2019. Alabama did so 2 years later.

HC Heupel arrived in Knoxville in January 2021. Barion is 3.5 hours away and from what I understand he did not make one drive over to meet the new staff and see the changes that are occurring in the program. Yet he did visit Ole Miss, Alabama, TCU and even the first year coach at Auburn got a visit. - Sad.

And God shared this with you as a fact when? Wherever he goes he will get a training table, a weight room with staff, some coaching and several years to perform before this can become a fact either way. Not all big guys are on the same physical maturity schedule.

And God shared this with you as a fact when? Wherever he goes he will get a training table, a weight room with staff, some coaching and several years to perform before this can become a fact either way. Not all big guys are on the same physical maturity schedule.
Well since we’re all different in our own unique ways is how. Walter Nolen needs to be Walter Nolen, not some legendary player the fan base unfairly hopes he becomes. Barnett bypassed Reggie White but he isn’t Reggie White for damn sure. Cry me a river if that upset your sensibilities.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Well since we’re all different in our own unique ways is how. Walter Nolen needs to be Walter Nolen, not some legendary player the fan base unfairly hopes he becomes. Barnett bypassed Reggie White but he isn’t Reggie White for damn sure. Cry me a river if that upset your sensibilities.

Just have a real low tolerance for the arrogance it takes to declare a ceiling for an athlete that is still in HS.

A lot lol. Brycen Sanders, Joe Crocker, Luke Brown, Tyler Jeffries (no offer but likely will), Cal Grubbs (idk if we offer), and a couple others on the OL alone for example
@de1conley - Is UT in second place with Barrion Brown so that we can make a run at him with a good year and/or Bama runs out of room? Or is this a no chance situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back