Vols no longer pursuing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth would you take an athlete over Jackson whose being recruited to play QB at the next level?

Who said take one or the other? You're losing 2 or 3 qbs anyways. Mauer is gone, Hooker will be gone due to eligibility, if Bailey doesn't win the job he's too good to watch and will leave. So all you will have is Joe and a Freshman

Reactions: lfvol and LittleVol
Who said take one or the other? You're losing 2 or 3 qbs anyways. Mauer is gone, Hooker will be gone due to eligibility, if Bailey doesn't win the job he's too good to watch and will leave. So all you will have is Joe and a Freshman
This is the scenario I’m most afraid of. If Bailey leaves our QB room is gone. Feels like we need to take a second QB and this would be the perfect fit because if it doesn’t workout at QB he’s a great athlete and would contribute. We need HB to stay but I also agree he’s got starter talent.

This is the scenario I’m most afraid of. If Bailey leaves our QB room is gone. Feels like we need to take a second QB and this would be the perfect fit because if it doesn’t workout at QB he’s a great athlete and would contribute. We need HB to stay but I also agree he’s got starter talent.

Plenty will be available in the transfer portal.

I think Jackson needs a redshirt just for development.

not really because he’s an elite athlete but he wants a chance. I’ll put it this way, if the Va Tech reject can have a shot this kid deserved at least a shot like the recruitment of Jennings or Cobb at sky. A real recruiter tells a kid hey it’s worth a shot and gets them on campus try it and tells them hey son go with the S, Wr, etc
Recruiting has changed a lot now with the transfer portal. You pull that crap and he’ll transfer first year. Swain has said many times the most honest coaches are gonna do well now. Others will be exposed

not really because he’s an elite athlete but he wants a chance. I’ll put it this way, if the Va Tech reject can have a shot this kid deserved at least a shot like the recruitment of Jennings or Cobb at sky. A real recruiter tells a kid hey it’s worth a shot and gets them on campus try it and tells them hey son go with the S, Wr, etc[/QUOTE]

THIS right here is the snake oil salesman mentality that is just pure dog s#@t in recruiting/coaching.

Transfer portal was made for this exact situation.

exactly not sure why clowns want to point that out as a negative. His 3 runs were game breakers of 75, 80 and 98 yds. Save ya arm for another game

You can spin this any way you want to....the only clowns in this situation are the ones telling this kid he'll be a QB in the SEC....this has Randall Cobb written all over it...we wouldn't lie to the kid about his future position so he chose a team that would

here are 2 signing days and neither has passed so I’ll post when and where I want. Before their commitment the same guys were begging for the Wade twins just shows how fast girls change the men they like.

I will continue to respond to posts that I believe have no relevance to a board I use to find out about UT recruiting efforts. Every post if I so elect to do so.

I’m not saying I would I was simply asking him if he would. I think Tayven is the better QB and by a decent amount. I would be shocked if he thought otherwise as well. He clearly believes he deserves a shot. He answered my question no harm done.

Maybe the real problem is he does not want to compete against the guy we already have committed. Like other home state kids with no legacy issues at the school they choose, I will wish him good health and nothing more. Oddly enough when I returned to God's Country, the HS I live closest to is Alcoa. The Cobb similarities are what they are. I actually join in when the locals celebrate his days as a Tornado.... but not KY. If I want to read about KY commits I will go to a KY board but I won't clutter up their boards with any kid they have whiffed on.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Kentucky football players aren't even invited to their own campus's parties. Enjoy Lexington!

The Wade twins are not a big loss. This thread should be closed. I guarantee you that the UT staff is not concerned.

These two are both flip candidates imo.
Were both highly interested in the Vols.
If Heupel were open to actually giving him the needed coaching and letting him sit and learn...he could be very effective especially in this offense as a QB.
Give him a shot at QB when he gets here. Then let him see for hisself if he stacks up.

His brother is absolutely perfect for our rush end position.
And Destin has already showd people at camps that he can play WR.

Yeah, we're fine without them, but I'd absolutely let them ge Vols if they change their minds again.

The Wade twins are not a big loss. This thread should be closed. I guarantee you that the UT staff is not concerned.

Could be Heupel has a 2nd qb in mind to bring in and doesnt want to risk losing Jackson if he brings in 3?

not really because he’s an elite athlete but he wants a chance. I’ll put it this way, if the Va Tech reject can have a shot this kid deserved at least a shot like the recruitment of Jennings or Cobb at sky. A real recruiter tells a kid hey it’s worth a shot and gets them on campus try it and tells them hey son go with the S, Wr, etc
Heupel doesn’t run Butch’s offense. And everyone knows it. Lying to get one recruit isn’t worth continuing the damage to instate recruiting. Pruitt got wildcat QBs Beckwith and Holliday to come aboard and neither is on the depth chart at this point.

Heupel doesn’t run Butch’s offense. And everyone knows it. Lying to get one recruit isn’t worth continuing the damage to instate recruiting. Pruitt got wildcat QBs Beckwith and Holliday to come aboard and neither is on the depth chart at this point.
He is a decent QB, we just had better options. If he wants to play QB, then by all means go do that. He won't do it here so I'm not worrying about it. Nobody really trusts him as a QB tbh. Kentucky went after him after missing on Gavin Wimsatt and they saw an opportunity to get Keaten too. He will probably be converted into a RB/WR later down the road and be just fine, but that is going to happen at Kentucky, not here. Really has no desire to flip unless we offer him as a QB, which won't happen, so I've stopped worrying about if we can flip them or not and moved on

Maybe you can white lie to out of state prospects more than in state prospects. Please share the Cobb experience with him at your place. Maybe it will work out for him like it did Cobb, and maybe he could actually fit in their system as a QB, an unknown at this time since they have a new OC, but I hope he appreciates the honesty of our staff and holds KY to their deal with him until it is his idea to change positions if he does.

Look it's not lying. It's recruiting there's not 1 school this doesn't happen at. It's not just Cobb at Ky or Jennings at UT. Hell Fulmer did it alot and most coaches do it at some point. As far as what it does to qb numbers, you tell the true qbs you recruiting he's an athlete and we're recruiting him as one. I keep telling you all that recruiting and coaches and integrity or honesty DO NOT go hand in hand.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Maybe you can white lie to out of state prospects more than in state prospects. Please share the Cobb experience with him at your place. Maybe it will work out for him like it did Cobb, and maybe he could actually fit in their system as a QB, an unknown at this time since they have a new OC, but I hope he appreciates the honesty of our staff and holds KY to their deal with him until it is his idea to change positions if he does.

He knows all of that and he understands it fully. It's all about saying as Butch did Jennings, knowing he wasn't ever going to play qb, son I'll give you a chance. Coaches and recruits know what to expect and that change can happen once they get to campus. This is not rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back