'22 GA WR Kaleb Webb (Tennessee signee)

Committed to ECU on June 27th. Runs a 10.91 100 time. 6-3, 185. Just played Kell HS and had 6 receptions, 146 yards, and 3 TDs along with a kick return for a TD. Just got offered by Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Virginia, and Vanderbilt as well. In the latest player rankings (247), Webb is the #71 WR and Kaydin Pope is the #121 WR. I don't know what are chances our here but I feel like we would take him over Pope if Pope keeps holding off. Legit offer I feel like, especially this late. Like our chances of flipping him if we pursue imo

Committed to ECU on June 27th. Runs a 10.91 100 time. 6-3, 185. Just played Kell HS and had 6 receptions, 146 yards, and 3 TDs along with a kick return for a TD. Just got offered by Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Virginia, and Vanderbilt as well. In the latest player rankings (247), Webb is the #71 WR and Kaydin Pope is the #121 WR. I don't know what are chances our here but I feel like we would take him over Pope if Pope keeps holding off. Legit offer I feel like, especially this late. Like our chances of flipping him if we pursue imo
10.91 hundred meters not real fast for a high level college receiver...

10.91 hundred meters not real fast for a high level college receiver...

Dude, you need to do research before posting dumb analogies! Justin Gatlin didn't break 10 second mark in the 100 meter until he was 21 running the 100m in 9.97 seconds AFTER 3 YEARS OF RUNNING TRACK AT COLLEGIATE LEVEL!!! Gatlin went on to post the 5th fastest time in the 100 meter in history!!! This guy is 17 years old and has ran the same distance with a time difference of less than a second with no college track training!!!

Dude, you need to do research before posting dumb analogies! Justin Gatlin didn't break 10 second mark in the 100 meter until he was 21 running the 100m in 9.97 seconds AFTER 3 YEARS OF RUNNING TRACK AT COLLEGIATE LEVEL!!! Gatlin went on to post the 5th fastest time in the 100 meter in history!!! This guy is 17 years old and has ran the same distance with a time difference of less than a second with no college track training!!!

Hey dude, or is it dudette?? Comparing a 10.91 hundred meter time to a 10.00, hundred meter time is patently ridiculous...So don't even try...:eek::eek:

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Not really. We have a number of players who have run faster than 10.91. Any thing faster than 10.6 is getting pretty fast.
Anything under 11 is objectively "very fast" because it is usually allows the few HS boys who run that time to earn a scholarship to run track at the college level. The fastest player on our team (per the photo that made the rounds earlier this summer), DeShawn Rucker, has a PR of 10.76 in Florida HS with official timing. Yes, we do have better speed on this team than we have had in awhile: Jalin Hyatt, very very fast, ran a 10.46 in HS. Jimmy Calloway ran a 10.89 his senior year. Javonta Payton, a very fast receiver, PR 11.17 in HS from an official event. Jaylen Wright 60 meter indoor time is unbelievably good. Tennessee should have some of the fastest skills players in the country, and as I show below, we are recruiting more.

For further context, the 2021 state champion 100 meter runner in 4A in Florida ran a 10.72. In 2020, US teenage track sensation Erriyon Knighton ran a 10.67 100 m officially timed in Florida. In Alabama this Spring, in the highest classification, only 4 guys broke 11 seconds in the final. The top two are guys we are recruiting (1st place: Jarrell Stinson 10.79, 2nd place, Vol Commit Marquarius White 10.81). Vol commit Dylan Sampon, also blazing fast, has a PR of 10.62 (with a reported 10.48).

In Georgia this Spring, the state champion 100 meter runner in class 7A ran a 10.72. They had a very impressive 12 runners break 11 seconds. One of them, the subject of this thread, Kaleb Webb, who impressed Vol coaches with his speed in camp, ran a 10.96.

I say all this to say that, yes, this recruit is quite fast, and acting like a 10.91 isn't fast for a HS Junior is off the mark, imo.

Anything under 11 is objectively "very fast" because it is usually allows the few HS boys who run that time to earn a scholarship to run track at the college level. The fastest player on our team (per the photo that made the rounds earlier this summer), DeShawn Rucker, has a PR of 10.76 in Florida HS with official timing. Yes, we do have better speed on this team than we have had in awhile: Jalin Hyatt, very very fast, ran a 10.46 in HS. Jimmy Calloway ran a 10.89 his senior year. Javonta Payton, a very fast receiver, PR 11.17 in HS from an official event. Jaylen Wright 60 meter indoor time is unbelievably good. Tennessee should have some of the fastest skills players in the country, and as I show below, we are recruiting more.

For further context, the 2021 state champion 100 meter runner in 4A in Florida ran a 10.72. In 2020, US teenage track sensation Erriyon Knighton ran a 10.67 100 m officially timed in Florida. In Alabama this Spring, in the highest classification, only 4 guys broke 11 seconds in the final. The top two are guys we are recruiting (1st place: Jarrell Stinson 10.79, 2nd place, Vol Commit Marquarius White 10.81). Vol commit Dylan Sampon, also blazing fast, has a PR of 10.62 (with a reported 10.48).

In Georgia this Spring, the state champion 100 meter runner in class 7A ran a 10.72. They had a very impressive 12 runners break 11 seconds. One of them, the subject of this thread, Kaleb Webb, who impressed Vol coaches with his speed in camp, ran a 10.96.

I say all this to say that, yes, this recruit is quite fast, and acting like a 10.91 isn't fast for a HS Junior is off the mark, imo.
Spot on!

Squirell White runs a 10.68 and runs a sub 4.3 40. Chas Nimrod runs an 11+ 100 time and has a sub 4.5 40

White i believe the fastest he's run is 4.35
Nimrod ran 4.57?
But he Chas has a lot of room to get faster.
The right body type.

White is even quicker than he is fast. And his straight line speed is very good as illustrated by his 100 meter time.

White i believe the fastest he's run is 4.35
Nimrod ran 4.57?
But he Chas has a lot of room to get faster.
The right body type.

White is even quicker than he is fast. And his straight line speed is very good as illustrated by his 100 meter time.
White unoffically ran like a 4.27 at a Bama camp I am pretty sure

Apparently he knows more than you.
No. Running a 10.91 as a HS junior is very fast. I'm not even sure what level of coaching he is receiving, but answering that could make his time, just like Squirrel White's and Dylan Sampson's, all the more impressive.

I'm curious why you're determined to slate these guys? You say "running a 10.6 is getting pretty fast"...is a guy who runs a 10.7 slow?

Another interesting number for everyone else who might find it interesting: Christian Coleman (possibly the ACTUAL fastest man in the world) had a PR of 10.29 in HS.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back