College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Confused as to why you question the university’s commitment to bball because Creen isn’t getting it done. The university spent the bucks to hire what most everyone considered was a top coach. Does that not indicate a commitment? Before CRB UT always shopped in the bargain bin for our replacement coaches
Surely you understand there is more to commitment to a program than simply throwing above average P6 money at the head coach. Stegemen Coliseum is one of the worst venues in the SEC. Not sure where their assistant coaching salary pool falls within the conference, either. I'm not definitively saying the university has no commitment to the program, just that relative to the commitment schools like Tennessee, and more recently, Auburn, have made, it seems like UGA is content with being average on their best day.

Isolating the definition of commitment to the head coach's salary is a gross oversimplification.

Really odd, because if they could have kept everyone, they would have had a pretty decent team in terms of talent. Wheeler, Johnson, and Fagan at guard. They return Camara in the post, and add Jabri Abdur-Rahim from UVA, who sat out most of last year, but was a top-40 player in the 2020 class.

Things just seem to have fallen apart for him there, and you probably have to question the university's commitment to basketball, and if a total reset isn't needed for him and the school. Just based on regiinal talent, that program is a sleeping giant if they could ever put it all together. They could field an NCAAT-caliber team just out of the Atlanta area if they could find the right formula as a program. It's really baffling their respective inability to be competitive, both currently and historically.
Camara transferred out

Camara transferred out
Really odd, because if they could have kept everyone, they would have had a pretty decent team in terms of talent. Wheeler, Johnson, and Fagan at guard. They return Camara in the post, and add Jabri Abdur-Rahim from UVA, who sat out most of last year, but was a top-40 player in the 2020 class.

Things just seem to have fallen apart for him there, and you probably have to question the university's commitment to basketball, and if a total reset isn't needed for him and the school. Just based on regiinal talent, that program is a sleeping giant if they could ever put it all together. They could field an NCAAT-caliber team just out of the Atlanta area if they could find the right formula as a program. It's really baffling their respective inability to be competitive, both currently and historically.
Fagan did too.

Surely you understand there is more to commitment to a program than simply throwing above average P6 money at the head coach. Stegemen Coliseum is one of the worst venues in the SEC. Not sure where their assistant coaching salary pool falls within the conference, either. I'm not definitively saying the university has no commitment to the program, just that relative to the commitment schools like Tennessee, and more recently, Auburn, have made, it seems like UGA is content with being average on their best day.

Isolating the definition of commitment to the head coach's salary is a gross oversimplification.
I attended a game there in 1985. Didn’t have great seats and spent the whole game trying to look around a concrete support column. Surprised they haven’t upgraded there. I agree it’s not the total picture, but to me it all starts with the coach. JMO

Random threads in the RF should be an automatic ban hammer.
Believe it or not, my mind used to be a steel trap, if I got it, how minor it was, I never let it go. Just the other day, a buddy and me were talking about Pete Rose and he said he was dirty, citing him, running over a catcher in the All-Star game. I, instantly said, Ray Fosse and it ruined his career, 1970, one year before I was born. I've lost very little, imo

As much as I hate Kentucky, I think they dodged a bullet missing out on Cockburn.

Don’t think he’s worth the unnecessary drama.

This is going to be a fun season..............A lot of teams seem to have a chance this year.

Entering the transfer portal just to stay at Illinois was stupid and a waste of time.

Imo
I don’t think just cause he considered his options means he some sort of drama queen. I think that will happen more and more as transfer rules get relaxed, players will see what’s out there and in some cases decide the grass isn’t greener

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back