The Chicken Sandwich War

Has anyone tried a newer fast food chicken chain called PDQ, I think it was started by the same people that started Outback and Bonefish. So far they are in Florida, the Carolinas, New York and New Jersey. I’ve heard they are pretty good.

Certainly looks good. I'll have to try it next time I'm around one. Hadn't heard of it before.

Reactions: MAD
Has anyone tried a newer fast food chicken chain called PDQ, I think it was started by the same people that started Outback and Bonefish. So far they are in Florida, the Carolinas, New York and New Jersey. I’ve heard they are pretty good.
I’ve tried them a couple of times and did not like their sandwiches. Fries were cold one of the times so I took them off my go to list.
The only fast food I go to now is CFA & Culver’s.

Had an Arby’s chicken filet sandwich. It came with lettuce, tomato & mayo. It was hot and freshly prepared, but not a stand out offering. The chicken portion reminds me of Wendy’s basic sandwich. The seasoning seemed a bit off.

I've had 2 new sandwiches from Bojangles. Both were garbage and I didn't finish either.

Probably just another case of bad chain consistency. Just not there except at CFA. But, I'll still take my chances at Popeyes because it's that good.

Reactions: vader, MAD and UTK
We are getting a Slim Chickens restaurant here. Has anyone tried it and care to give an opinion?TIA

I thing they are based out of Arkansas.

I've had 2 new sandwiches from Bojangles. Both were garbage and I didn't finish either.

Probably just another case of bad chain consistency. Just not there except at CFA. But, I'll still take my chances at Popeyes because it's that good.

True, luckily the Bojangles on my town is always good. Every chain has the bad and good locations, CFA is really the only ones that always good no matter where it's at. I loved the Popeyes one but I just can't forgive raw chicken lol

True, luckily the Bojangles on my town is always good. Every chain has the bad and good locations, CFA is really the only ones that always good no matter where it's at. I loved the Popeyes one but I just can't forgive raw chicken lol
I get it.
In 2009, I got raw chicken in back to back trips to Chili’s. Very gross.
I did not go back until earlier this month when I heard that their was new management and the reviews were positive.

Reactions: tntar heel and MAD
We are getting a Slim Chickens restaurant here. Has anyone tried it and care to give an opinion?TIA

I thing they are based out of Arkansas.
Saw they had a ton of locations unfortunately none in Florida, the reviews I read were good. Let us know how it is if you try it.

Reactions: Jxn Vol
The one on Park Blvd and Seminole is really good. We would get wings and chicken sandwiches from there and Burgers from either Daly's or Culvers. Daly's has the best fresh fries. They cut the potatoes right before frying them. If you go there eat in the restaurant.

The one on Park Blvd and Seminole is really good. We would get wings and chicken sandwiches from there and Burgers from either Daly's or Culvers. Daly's has the best fresh fries. They cut the potatoes right before frying them. If you go there eat in the restaurant.
I have never been to Daly’s have to try it out. I drove by a place that sounded kind of interesting but didn’t go in, it’s called Chicken Salad Chick over in Seminole City Center, have you ever eaten there?

Reactions: tntar heel
I have never been to Daly’s have to try it out. I drove by a place that sounded kind of interesting but didn’t go in, it’s called Chicken Salad Chick over in Seminole City Center, have you ever eaten there?
IRT Daly's: There is a small Plaza right behind Lueken's liquor store on Seminole away from McDonalds and it's on your left. Great little place my daughter and I used to go when we first moved to the area and ride our bike's up to twisty treat for dessert

IRT CSC: Ate there once but was not overly impressed but my mom made best chicken salad so I may be biased and went in with closed mind. To me it was overpriced.

I’ve been to the one in Augusta, GA. It’s really good. Like an improved version of Zaxby’s.

IRT Daly's: There is a small Plaza right behind Lueken's liquor store on Seminole away from McDonalds and it's on your left. Great little place my daughter and I used to go when we first moved to the area and ride our bike's up to twisty treat for dessert

IRT CSC: Ate there once but was not overly impressed but my mom made best chicken salad so I may be biased and went in with closed mind. To me it was overpriced.
Thanks, im right by Daly’s now. As far as the Chicken Salad place, I’m probably the same way, I’m really picky, I don’t like chicken salad that’s made from chicken that comes from a can.

HaQUOTE="mad4vols, post: 20117372, member: 3593"]Thanks, im right by Daly’s now. As far as the Chicken Salad place, I’m probably the same way, I’m really picky, I don’t like chicken salad that’s made from chicken that comes from a can.[/QUOTE]
Haha. Lemme know what ya think.

I kinda feel like chicken salad would be like ordering peanut butter and jelly. I would just never order that in a restaurant unless I was in the mood to go to the bottom of the food chain. I know it's better than that, but not much. CSC seems to be spreading like wildfire, but that's easy to do with something "new" in the restaurant biz.

Had a couple of the taco bell things yesterday. It's sort of like a checken tender on a Hawaiian roll with a little ranch based spicy sauce. Not too bad. The flat bread is good.

In store they were $2.49 ea. Get on the app and they are $1.49.

Reactions: JCHateSteve and MAD

VN Store

Back