Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.8%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 28.0%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 57 33.9%

• Total voters
It's obvious to me that we need to send troops in and properly withdraw those that need to leave, and if that takes longer than August 31 then the Taliban can kiss our ass. Leaving our allies behind is not an answer and will damage our reputation long term.
That's what we are left with now. Send more troops to properly evacuate or leave Americans and Allies behind and leave by the August 31 deadline. The only guaratee at this point is that deaths will continue to rise.

In a weird twist because of the crooked media that was one of the better ways he could get his message to the people. If he would've done interviews they would've argued the entire time.
Meanwhile Sleepy Joe can't handle having 2 or 3 tough questions in an interview. The media flip flopping is amazing to see.

There's almost no way they had anything to do with it. Not because they are good people, because why would they be involved in something that increases the chances we come back to the country? They want us out, so they can take it over.

This chance has existed for years, but expect the narrative to shift from being how bad it is that we lost and the Taliban took over to "what if ISIS takes the country over?"

You can't be serious? We aren't going back into Afghanistan. It would make us look even dumber than we already look. The Taliban is absolutely behind and they are using it to further humiliate the US. Biden is unable, unwilling, etc. to do anything to stop it.

Sadly it appears that Biden is more concerned with spinning a narrative and worrying about the political fallout than protecting our service members and citizens. Prayers for the Marines that lost their lives today. Thank you for your service!

I’m so happy we have a diverse administration and no mean tweets.

You can't be serious? We aren't going back into Afghanistan. It would make us look even dumber than we already look. The Taliban is absolutely behind and they are using it to further humiliate the US. Biden is unable, unwilling, etc. to do anything to stop it.
I didn't say that we would go back into Afghanistan because of this. I'm saying that the Taliban would not be involved in any way that could potentially change that calculus. It doesn't serve the Taliban's interest at all to do this. Why tempt fate?

Four US marines among 40 dead in 'ISIS suicide bomb' attack at Kabul airport: Gates to Airfield are 'sealed off' as NATO countries start to pull the plug on evacuations - but PM Insists UK Flights WILL Continue

However Boris Johnson, who this evening chaired an emergency COBRA meeting at Downing Street, insisted the UK will continue its evacuation flights. UK officials earlier today said there were a dozen evacuation flights still scheduled to leave Kabul.

'Suicide bomb' kills 13 at Kabul airport as TWO explosions and gunfire rip through crowds | Daily Mail Online

Meanwhile Sleepy Joe can't handle having 2 or 3 tough questions in an interview. The media flip flopping is amazing to see.
And extremely dangerous. The media is supposed to challenge and question those in charge as they did constantly with President Trump. When they don't then they are no better than Chinese, Russian or North Korean state run media.

It's obvious to me that we need to send troops in and properly withdraw those that need to leave, and if that takes longer than August 31 then the Taliban can kiss our ass. Leaving our allies behind is not an answer and will damage our reputation long term.
America first, amirite?

The Taliban failed in their assurance of safety passage. It would justify sending in a large number of troops to secure secure airport and area around it and go and retrieve the Americans and others we think should get out.

But should we?

Tough call. It would arguably just make it worse and drag us back in for another length of time.

Here's the problem...

We should never, and I repeat NEVER, should have depended that long on the good graces of the Taliban to "allow" our people to get out. We should not have been behind the walls of the airport waiting for them to come to us. Those Airborne Troopers should have been going out, collecting Americans waiting, taking them to the airport, strapping their ass in a seat and getting them the hell out.

With the numbers we've gotten out, we should have been done, repeating DONE with the evac of US citizens days, even a week ago. But this Administration decided to use them as human shields trying to get out others first. Pardon my nationalistic approach, but you save your own damn citizens first and then you worry about getting the rest out.

Not a tough call at all. The Biden Admin just gambled with the lives of Americans they should have gotten out a long time ago. Now Americans are dead because of it and the blood is on his hands.

Yeah that isn't an option for me.

You say that from the luxury of not being forced to go there by an administration and government that frankly is unable to develop a coherent strategy or plan. Maybe you served in the military, if so you absolutely can say that but as someone who has never served I would have a difficult time sending my son, brother, father, etc. to a situation that was created by this government and asking them to lay down their life for a group of politicians that would never do the same. How do you ask a man to die in a nation and situation that we took a giant dump on? It's a difficult question to ask. I feel sorry for the families who have lost loved ones due to this governments complete incompetence.

Eh, if I truly put myself in their shoes I can. Knowing after this year the Taliban will be in complete control I could see why they would want their children to see their parents, perhaps one last time. Then the unplanned for capitulation of the Afghan army and the completely counter information coming from this admin out them in a bind they weren't prepared for. It may seem silly to us but I can see how that might play out.

Still cant. There was no time since any of my children have been alive, that I would have entertained the idea of a trip to Afghanistan.

In your opinion what happens if the school group from California is taken hostage?
I honestly don't know. There's really no one to negotiate with and sending in troops could be another debacle. But they had to know the danger of traveling there. The sympathy level is much lower than it is for those who helped or troops but are getting left

58111913a5c0d762c7a58689a4d734f0

I honestly don't know. There's really no one to negotiate with and sending in troops could be another debacle. But they had to know the danger of traveling there. The sympathy level is much lower than it is for those who helped or troops but are getting left

Fair.

I didn't say that we would go back into Afghanistan because of this. I'm saying that the Taliban would not be involved in any way that could potentially change that calculus. It doesn't serve the Taliban's interest at all to do this. Why tempt fate?

The Taliban is relishing this moment as they should. Look at their news conferences, presence on social media, etc., they have completely humiliated the US. Their interests are the interests of retaliation and revenge. They aren't looking for legitimacy on the World stage. Who is going to stop them? The Chinese? lol

The Taliban is relishing this moment as they should. Look at their news conferences, presence on social media, etc., they have completely humiliated the US. Their interests are the interests of retaliation and revenge. They aren't looking for legitimacy on the World stage. Who is going to stop them? The Chinese? lol
Yeah, they're relishing the fact they re-conquered the country. No doubt. Their interests are one of taking over the country, which has basically succeeded. The United States is leaving.

Why do something that increases the chances the United States returns to the country? This one event is not going to do that by itself, but it does not serve their interests to go down that path.

VN Store

Back